- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Construct (a) a long food chain, and (b) a short food chain, ending with man.
(a) A long food chain ending with man is shown below:
$Algae → Protozoa → Small Fish → Big Fish → Man$
(b) A short food chain ending with man is shown below:
$Plants → man$
- Related Articles
- What is meant by trophic level in a food chain? Construct a terrestrial food chain with four trophic levels. The energy flow in a food chain is always unidirectional. Why?
- (a) What is a food chain? Give one example of a simple food chain.(b) What is a ‘food web’? Show its formation.
- Construct a food chain comprising the following : Snakes, Hawk, Rats, Plants
- Grazing Food Chain
- The following is a food chain that ends with human :plants → bee → human(a) Explain how plants provide food for bees.(b) How do bees provide food for humans?(c) How does this food chain differ form a usual food chain involving human such as: plants → goat → human?(d) Do you think that the food chain given in this question can really be regarded as a food chain? Explain your answer.
- Give two differences between food chain and food web.
- Write an aquatic food chain.
- Give an example of a four step food chain operating in grassland. Name the secondary consumer in this food chain.
- Write the common food chain of a pond ecosystem.
- Paheli wrote a food chain in the following way:frog →eagle →insects → grass →snakeThe chain is not in the correct order. Help her to write the food chain correctly.
- A food chain represents a unidirectional flow of X. What is X?
- What is the meaning of food chain?
- Write down a food chain :(a) in the sea.(b) which ends with humans.(c) with five links in it.
- Consider the food chain :Grass → Deer → LionWhat will happen if all the lions are removed from the above food chain?
- Which category of organisms forms the starting point of a food chain?