- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Conduct a survey in your neighbourhood to find out what the three most common diseases are. Suggest three steps that could be taken by your local authorities to bring down the incidence of these diseases.
The most common diseases spread in my neighborhood are malaria, typhoid, and dysentery.
The steps that could be taken by local authorities to bring down the incidences of these diseases are:
(i) Provision of potable drinking water.
(ii) Cleaning of drains and spraying of insecticides at regular intervals.
(iii) Proper disposal of garbage and sanitization of roads and streets.
A few points for disease-free and healthy living are,
1. Get checkups on a regular basis. This makes the disease easier to treat and helps doctors find it early on. So, we can make sure to get screening tests for our health.
2. People's lives are shorter and worse if they smoke. Giving up this habit will definitely make this person's life better and keep their body from getting any more serious infections.
3. We stay active by working out every day. It also gives us energy and helps us stay healthy.
4. A healthy diet is an important part of staying healthy and avoiding diseases. Eating food that is healthy and full of nutrients keeps us in good shape and keeps us from getting sick.
5. One big reason for heart problems and high cholesterol is being overweight. Getting rid of the extra weight can make us less likely to get sick.
- Related Articles
- What precautions can you take in your school to reduce the incidence of infectious diseases?
- Name three diseases caused by polluted water.
- Talk to the senior biology teacher in your school or a neighbouring school. Find out if there are diseases which are passed on from parents to the offspring. Find out how these are carried and also if these diseases can be treated. For this you can also visit a doctor.
- 9 Autoimmune Diseases That Affect Your Appearance
- What are the immunization programmes available at the nearest health center in your locality? Which of these diseases are the major health problems in your area?
- Suggest three measures to limit noise pollution in your locality.
- Suggest A Few Ways to Prevent the Spread of Communicable Diseases
- Name any three diseases transmitted through vectors.
- What are protein carbohydrates deficiency diseases ? Name the two diseases?
- What precautions should be taken to keep away from various sexually transmitted diseases?
- What are the types of Microorganisms and Diseases caused by them?
- What are the three important steps in the evaluation of investments?
- What are the different means by which infectious diseases are spread?
- What are deficiency diseases?
- What Are the Necessary Steps to Be Taken to Avoid the Rank Penalty?