- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Compare contrast nervous and hormonal mechanisms for control and coordination in animals.
|Nervous system||Endocrine system|
1. It is made of neurons.
1. It is made of secretory cells called glands.
|2. Messages are transmitted in the form of electric impulses.||2. Messages are transmitted in the form of chemicals called hormones.|
|3. The brain and the spinal cord constitute the nervous system.||3. The glands and organs like the thyroid, pituitary glands, and reproductive organs (ovaries and testes) are involved in the endocrine system.|
|4. The path of transmission of messages is the long fiber nerves.|
4. The path of transmission of messages is the main bloodstream.
|5. The nervous system controls both voluntary and involuntary actions.||5. The endocrine system regulates only involuntary actions.|
|6. The responses caused by the nervous system are localized.||5. The responses caused by the endocrine system are widespread.|
- Related Articles
- Compare the nervous system and endocrine system (hormonal system) for control and coordination in humans.
- Which two tissues provide control and coordination in animals?
- Name the two systems of control and coordination in higher animals.
- Neural Control and Coordination
- Nervous System Coordination
- Mention the difference between nervous control and chemical control in Tabular form.
- What is the need for a system of control and coordination in an organism?
- Compare and contrast biomass and hydroelectricity as sources of energy.
- Compare and contrast bio-mass and hydro-electricity as sources of energy.
- Compare and contrast fossil fuels and the Sun as direct sources of energy.
- Compare and contrast the arrangement of elements in Mendeleev’s Periodic Table and the Modern Periodic Table.
- Skincare and Beauty Tips for People with Hormonal Imbalances
- What is the general name of chemical substances which bring about control and coordination in plants ?
- In plants, nervous system is not present, then how do plants control and coordinate different activities?
- (a) Name two systems which taken together perform the functions of control and coordination in human beings.(b) What does the central nervous system in humans consist of? What is the job of the central nervous system?(c) Give the various functions of brain.