- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Can microorganisms be seen with the naked eye? If not, how can they be seen?
A microorganism or microbe is an organism that is microscopic, which means too small to see with the naked eye. They can be observed with the help of a simple microscope or compound microscope.
A light microscope uses visible light and lenses to detect and magnify objects. Depending on the number of lenses there are two types of microscopes such as simple light microscope and compound light microscope.
Parts of a Compound Microscope can be categorized into two, such as Mechanical parts and Optical parts.
(A) Mechanical Parts
1. Base: It is a U-shaped structure that supports the compound microscope.
2. Pillar: It is a vertical projection which supports the stage.
3. Arm: It is a curved structure for handling the compound microscope.
4. Stage: The flat and rectangular plate on which specimen is placed for examining. The center of the stage has a hole for light to pass through it.
5. Inclination joint: It is a joint between arm and pillar. The microscope can be tilted using it.
6. Clips: The stage is connected with two clips which can hold the slide.
7. Diaphragm: The diaphragm is present below the stage which can control and adjust the intensity of light. The diaphragm is of two types such as Disc diaphragm and Iris diaphragm
8. Nose piece: It is a circular and a rotating metallic part that has three holes for the objective lenses.
9. Body tube: The body tube is a hollow and tubular structure that can be moved up and down with the adjustment knobs.
10. Fine adjustment knob: It is the small knob used for sharp and fine focusing of the object.
11. Coarse adjustment knob: It is a large knob used for moving the body tube for exact focusing of the object.
(B) Optical Parts of a Compound Microscope
1. Eyepiece lens or Ocular: A lens place at the top of the body is an eyepiece. It is used to observe the magnified image
2. Mirror: Concave mirror is used to reflect light rays into the microscope. It is attached to the pillar or arm.
3. Objective lenses: Objective lenses are present at the bottom of the body tube which is connected to the revolving nose piece. The objective lenses are Oil immersion objective – 100X, High power objective – 45X, Low power objective – 10X.
- Related Articles
- Can the egg cell of a human being be seen with naked eyes?
- Why Viruses Are Not Seen Under the Category of Main Types of Microorganisms?
- What can be done with style sheets that can not be accomplished with regular HTML ?
- Explain why, the sun can be seen about two minutes before actual sunrise. Draw a diagram to Illustrate your answer.
- A hen's egg can be seen easily. Is it a cell or a group of a cell?
- Is pizza healthy? If not, can it be made healthy?
- A student claims that because of atmospheric refraction, the sun can be seen after it has set, and the day is, therefore, longer than if the earth had no atmosphere.(a) What does the student mean by saying that the sun can be seen after it has set?(b) Do you think that the students conclusion is correct?
- Fill in the blanks.(a) Microorganisms can be seen with the help of a _____.(b) Blue green algae fix _____ directly from air and enhance the fertility of the soil.(c) Alcohol is produced with the help of _____.(d) Cholera is caused by _____.
- How MySQL aggregate functions can be combined with MySQL IF() function?
- We’re Not Afraid to Die..if We Can All Be Together
- How can Blockchain be Integrated with IoT?
- Can energy be destroyed? Can energy be created ?
- The Seer and the Seen
- Metals which are so soft that they can be cut with a knife are _________, ___________.
- If 90 pages can be read in 1 hour. How many pages can be read in one minute?