- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
(a) What is the difference between a thermal power plant and a hydro power plant?
(b) Which of the two causes serious air pollution and how?
(a) The difference between a thermal power plant and a hydro power plant is:
|Thermal power plant||Hydro power plant|
|1. A thermal power plant uses non-renewable sources of energy like coal, oil or gas to drive turbines.||1. A hydro power plant uses a renewable source of energy, water to rotate turbines.|
|2. A thermal power plant causes air pollution due to the burning of fossil fuels.||2. A hydropower plant is environment friendly.|
(b) A thermal power plant causes serious air pollution because it emits harmful gases and fly-ash into the air, due to the burning of fossil fuels in large amounts everyday.
- Related Articles
- Difference between Thermal Power Plant and Hydroelectric Power Plant
- Difference between Thermal Power Plant and Nuclear Power Plant
- Difference between Solar Power Plant and Solar Thermal Power Plant
- What are the components of a typical Thermal Power Plant?
- Which of the following is not a source of air pollution?(a) Automobile exhaust(b) Burning of firewood(c) Windmill(d) Power plant
- A hydro-power plant converts one form of energy into another. Name the two forms of energy.
- What are the various fuels which are used to generate electricity in a thermal power plant?
- Difference between Base Load and Peak Load Power Plant
- An uncontrolled nuclear chain reaction forms the basis of:(a) nuclear power plant (b) hydrogen bomb (c) thermal power station (d) atom bomb
- What are the components of a typical Nuclear Power Plant?
- Explain the principle of working of a thermal power plant. Draw labelled diagram to illustrate your answer.
- What are the components of a typical Gas Turbine Power Plant?
- What are the equipment used in a typical Steam Power Plant?
- How to select a site for a Steam Power Plant?
- What is the name of tissues which transport :(a) food in a plant ?(b) water and minerals in a plant ?