- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
a) Write down the formula which relates electric charge, time, and electric current.
b) A radio set draws a current of 0.36A for 15 minutes. Calculate the amount of electric charge that flows through the electric circuit.
a) The relationship between electric charge, time, and the electric current is that the charge is the product of current flowing through the circuit with in the given time.
Mathematically, Q = I x t
b) Given: The current drawn by the radio set = 0.36A
The time taken by the current to flow in the circuit = 15min = 15 x 60 = 900s.
To find: We have to find the electric charge that flows through the circuit.
Solution: We know that, Q = I x t
=> Q = 0.36 x 900= 324C.
Hence the charge flowed in 15 min is 324C.
- Related Articles
- Difference between Electric Current and Electric Charge
- A charge of 150 coulomb flows through a wire in one minute. Find the electric current flowing through it.
- Electric bulb draws a current of $0.4\ ampere$. Calculate the amount of charge flowing through the bulb if the bulb glows for two hours also calculate the number of electrons passed.
- How electric current and electric charge are related to each other?
- Conservation of Electric Charge
- Electric Charge – Definition, Formula, Unit, Types, and Properties
- What is the unit of electric charge?
- Electric Potential Point Charge
- Electric Charge and Static Electricity
- a) Define electric current. What is the SI unit of electric current?b) One coulomb of charge flows through any cross-section of a conductor in 1 second. What is the current flowing through the conductor?c) Which instrument is used to measure electric current? How should it be connected in a circuit?d) What is the conventional direction of the flow of electric current? How does it differ from the direction of the flow of electrons?e) A flash of lightning carries 10C of charge which flows for 0.01s. What is the current? If the voltage is 10MV, what is the energy?
- If the amount of electric charge passing through a conductor in 10 minutes is 300C, the current flowing is:a) 30A b) 0.3A c) 0.5A d) 5A
- Overview of Electric Current, Voltage, and Resistance Electric Current
- 1. What does an electric circuit mean?2. Define the unit of current.3. Calculate the number of electrons constituting one coulomb of charge.
- Name an instrument that measures electric current in a circuit.Define the unit of electric current.What do the following symbols mean in circuit diagrams?An electric circuit consisting of a 0.5 m long nichrome wire XY\n
- The PD across a lamp is 12V. How many joules of electric energy is changed into heat and light when: a) a charge of 1C passes through it?b) a charge of 5C passes through it?c) a current of 2A flows through it for 10s?