- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
A solar water heater cannot be used to get hot water on
$(a)$ a sunny day
$(b)$ a cloudy day
$(c)$ a hot day
$(d)$ a windy day
Correct answer is: $(b)$ a cloudy day
A solar water heater is a device that converts solar energy into thermal energy. Without solar energy, it can't work. If a solar heater is used without sunlight, it will not work at all.
On a cloudy day:
A solar water heater cannot be used to get hot water on a cloudy day because it receives energy from the sun, and on a cloudy day, the sun does not appear.
On a sunny day:
Whereas on a sunny day the sun appears and a solar water heater converts sunlight energy into heat energy efficiently on a sunny day.
On a hot day:
The day can't get hot if the sun isn't appearing. a solar heater can be used on a hot day as there is a great chance of the presence of sunlight on a hot day.
On a windy day:
When the sun's sunlight falls on the earth, the land and the air there start heating up. Warm air is lighter than cold air, so it tends to rise upwards and the air pressure is decreased. Due to this air starts coming from the colder places of high pressure. This is said to be the wind blowing. So sunlight causes the wind to blow.
Therefore, a solar heater can be used on a windy day too.
- Related Articles
- On a hot sunny day, why do people sprinkle water on the roof or open ground?
- Why does a person drink a hot tea on a chilly winter day or iced tea on a hot summer day?
- On which day, a hot day or a cold day, an echo is heard sooner? Give reason for your answer.
- Why do people perspire a lot on a hot humid day?
- Why does a desert cooler cool better on a hot, dry day?
- Why we don’t prefer to wear nylon clothes on a hot summer day?
- How does perspiration or sweating help keep our body cool on a hot day?
- How to change the height of br tag?
- On a bright sunny day at noon, where will our shadow be formed? Explain.
- Hydration Calculator - How Much Water Do You Need to Drink a Day?
- Can hot water be a pollutant? Explain.
- Subtracting a day in MySQL
- On which of the following day is World Water Day observed?22 March14 November2 October21 December
- Arrange the following elements in increasing order of their atomic radii.(a) Li, Be, F, N(b) Cl, At, Br I
- What does saline water contain?On which day World Water Day is celebrated every year?Name one cold ocean current?