Section 1: Process Management, Process Mapping and Design
Section 2: Procedural Outline and Quality, Communication Management & Process Re-Engineering
Section 3: Quality and Productivity Management
Section 4: Supply Chain Management
Section 5: Supply Chain Management Continuous Improvement & Technology
- Section 1: Process Management, Process Mapping and Design
Are you interested in a career within in the world of operations management?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of Process Mapping & Supply Chain here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of operations management viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of Process Mapping and Supply Chain:
Process Management, Process Mapping and Design – Introduction to Process Management, Procedures, Process Mapping and Design, Where Can Process Mapping be Used?, and the Types of Processes.
Procedural Outline and Quality, Communication Management & Process Re-Engineering – Procedural Outline and Quality and Standard Operating Procedures, Communication and Information Management, The Cascade, The "Suck-Up" Model of Communication, and Process Re-Engineering.
Quality and Productivity Management – Quality and Productivity Management, Cost of Quality, Origins of TQM, The Plan-Do-Study-Act Cycle, Benchmarking, Employee Empowerment and Team Approach, Use of Quality Tools, Product Design, ISO International Standards, and Six Sigma.
Supply Chain Management – Learn Introduction to Supply Chain Management, Challenge to Supply Chain Management - Bullwhip Effect, Lean Operations Systems, Lean for Production and Services, Services and Delivery in Supply Chain, Supplier Performance Matrix, and Demand &Volume Projections.
Supply Chain Management, Continuous Improvement & Technology – Learn Inventory and Cycle Optimization - Just in Time (JIT) vs. Just in Case, Top Five Techniques to Achieve Inventory Optimization, The Philosophy of JIT, Kanban Production, JIT and Lean Systems within OM, Supply Chain Networks, Continuous Improvement, Getting Started With Kaizen, Technology in Process and Supply Chain Management.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the management knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future operations management direction through applying modern Process Mapping and Supply Chain thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
What Will I Get ?
- In this course you will learn to undertake independent research to understand the theoretical and practical knowledge of operations management to solve current business challenges.
- In this course you will learn to understand and analyse the key concepts of process management.
- This course will equip you with the tools to apply critical thinking to supply chain management, quality and productivity management.
- In this course you will learn to demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of communication and information flow in the business to improve current business practice.
- In this course you will learn how to critically evaluate and synthesize information from a wide range of sources to determine research skills, show initiative in consulting the academic literature and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in p
- Basic Computer Fundamentals & Terminologies
- A computer installed with Windows/Linux /OS X
- Stable Internet Connection
- PDF Reading Software, such as Free Adobe Reader
- Lecture 1.1: Introduction to Process Management
- Lecture 1.2: Processes
- Lecture 2.1: Procedural Outline and Quality and Standard Operating Procedures
- Lecture 3.1: Quality and Productivity Management
- Lecture 4.1: Introduction to Supply Chain Management
- Lecture 5.1: Inventory and Cycle Optimization - Just in Time (JIT) vs. Just in Case