- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
One says, “Give me a hundred, friend! I shall then become twice as rich as you”. The other replies, “If you give me ten, I shall be six times as rich as you”. Tell me what is the amount of their (respective) capital?
One says, "Give me a hundred, friend! I shall then become twice as rich as you."
The other replies, "If you give me ten, I shall be six times as rich as you."
We have to find the amount of their respective capital.Solution:
Let the capital with the first friend and the capital with the second friend be $x$ and $y$ respectively.
If the first friend gets 100 from the second friend then the money with first friend is $x+100$ and the money with the second friend is $y-100$.
If the second friend gets 10 from the first friend then the money with the first friend is $x-10$ and the money with the second friend is $y+10$.
According to the question,
$x + 100 = 2(y-100)$.....(i)
$y + 10 = 6(x-10)$
Substituting $y=6x-70$ in equation (i), we get,
The capital with the first friend is Rs. 40 and the capital with the second friend is Rs. 170.
- Can I ever become rich working in a company as an employee?
- What urgent reason can I give my mom to take me to New York as a 15-year-old?
- What is mirage effect? Can you give me an example?
- Will you Show me some funny photos which will make me look twice?
- My girlfriend's best friend drops me romantic messages at midnight and talks as if she loves me? Is it an indication? How should I take it?
- Give me a recipe for a healthy sandwich?
- I’m only a graduate, how can I be rich?
- Give me 5 daily routine makeup tips
- How do you make a separation and divorce as amicable as possible?
- Should I store a field PRICE as an int or as a float in the database?
- Give me 2 baking soda beauty recipes for skin whitening?
- What MySQL returns if we use NULL, as both the arguments, as one of the argument and as a separator, in CONCAT_WS() function?
- Give me 4 natural tips to prevent sagging on your skin?
- What are the situations that give you goosebumps?