- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Once, Paheli visited a tailor shop and brought home some cuttings of fabric to study their properties. She took two pieces and found that one of the pieces were shrinking when it was burnt with a candle. However, the other did not shrink on burning.
Can you help her to find out which of the two was a cotton fabric and which a silk fabric?
Cotton fabric is smooth and breezy whereas Silk fabric is smooth and shiny to touch. Cotton fabric does not shrink but silk fabric shrinks on burning due to the presence of protein.
She can perform an activity under supervision to help her understand the difference between the two fibres better.
To observe the difference between a cotton and a silk yarn taken from the fabric pieces.
- If the yarns burn but do not shrink or melt, and give an odour similar to the burning of paper, then it is cotton yarn.
- If yarn shrinks away from the flame and burns but does not melt and has the odour of charred meat, then it is silk yarn.
- Adjacency Matrices and their properties
- Planar Graphs and their Properties
- Is buying home appliances from home shop channels worth it?
- Definition and Properties of Trees
- What are the uses of Google Home Mini and Google Home Max?
- How to find critical value for one-sided and two-sided t test in R?
- Count the total number of squares that can be visited by Bishop in one move in C++
- Count of strings that become equal to one of the two strings after one removal in C++
- Python Program to Read Two Numbers and Print Their Quotient and Remainder
- Golang Program to Read Two Numbers and Print their Quotient and Remainder
- How to select and display a list of values in one column that are available in two different MySQL columns?
- Probability that the pieces of a broken stick form a n sided polygon in C++
- Types of DBMS Entities and their examples
- Different Types of Transformers and Their Applications