- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
On adding a drop of barium chloride solution to an aqueous solution of sodium sulphite, a white precipitate is obtained.
(a) Write a balanced chemical equation of the reaction involved
(b) What other names can be given to this precipitation reaction?
(c) On adding dilute hydrochloric acid to the reaction mixture, white precipitate disappears. Why?
(a) On adding a drop of Barium Chloride solution to an aqueous solution of sodium sulphite, barium sulphite is obtained which is a white colour precipitate.
$BaCl_2 + Na_2SO_3 \rightarrow BaSO_3 + 2NaCl$
(b) In this case, the precipitation reaction is also a double displacement reaction.
(c) On adding dilute HCl to the above reaction mixture, Barium chloride, Sulphur dioxide and water are formed. Barium chloride is a soluble substance which will make the white precipitate disappear.
$BaSO_3 + HCl\rightarrow BaCl_3 + SO_2 + H_2O$.
- DevOps – A Solution To Quick Releases
- A Space Optimized Solution of LCS in C Program?
- What is EAI Solution?
- Mobile ip a complete solution for emerging communications
- What is Peterson's solution?
- Solution of Difference Equations Using Z-Transform
- Matrix Chain Multiplication (A O(N^3) Solution) in C++
- Find Cube Pairs - (A n^(2/3) Solution) in C++
- Find Positive Integer Solution for a Given Equation in C++
- C program to find the solution of linear equation
- Can I integrate the SAP Learning Solution with a LMS platform?
- Program to check whether a board is valid N queens solution or not in python
- Find the Number of Solution to Modular Equations using C++
- How to drop constraint on a column of a table in a database using JDBC API?
- An interesting solution to get all prime numbers smaller than n?