- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Observe this bar graph which shows the marks obtained by Aziz in half-yearly examination in different subjects.
Answer the given questions.
(a) What information does the bar graph give?
(b) Name the subject in which Aziz scored maximum marks.
(c) Name the subject in which he has scored minimum marks.
(d) State the name of the subjects and marks obtained in each of them."
The bar graph shows the marks obtained by Aziz in half-yearly examination in different subjects.
We have to answer the given questions by reading the graph.
From the given bar graph, we can observe that
Marks obtained in Hindi $=80$
Marks obtained in English $=60$
Marks obtained in Mathematics $=70$
Marks obtained in Science $=50$
Marks obtained in Social Studies $=40$
(a) The bar graph shows the marks obtained by Aziz in different subjects.
(b) Marks obtained in Hindi $=80$
Aziz scored maximum marks in Hindi.
(c) Marks obtained in Social Studies $=40$
Aziz scored minimum marks in Social Studies.
(d) Hindi – 80 marks
English – 60 marks
Mathematics – 70 marks
Science – 50 marks
Social Studies – 40 marks
- Related Articles
- The adjoining pie chart gives the marks scored in an examination by a student in Hindi, English, Mathematics, Social Science, and Science. If the total Marks obtained by the students were 540. Answer the following questions.(i) In which subject did the student score 105 marks?(ii) How many more marks were obtained by the student in Mathematics than in Hindi?(iii) Examine whether the sum of the marks obtained in Social Science and Mathematics is more than that in Science and Hindi."
- In order to pass in the exam, one must score 40% marks. If Manu scored 100 marks and failed by 20 marks. Find the maximum marks.
- In an examination , a student has to score 40%marks to pass. He gets 40 marks and fail by 40 marks. Find the maximum number of marks
- Priya got 18 marks out of 25 marks in History and 14 marks out of 20 marks in Economics. In which subject did she perform better?
- In a class test, the sum of the marks obtained by P in Mathematics and Science is 28. Had he got 3 marks more in Mathematics and 4 marks less in Science, the product of his marks, would have been 180. Find his marks in the two subjects.
- The marks obtained by 10 students in a test are $60,72,70,64,56,52,71,54,62,59$. Find the mean marks of the students. Find the mean marks of the students if 6 extra marks are given to each student.
- Mansi obtained 410 marks out of 500 in her half-yearly examination while Neha, her friend got 534 marks out of 600 marks. Find whose performance is better.
- Given below is the bar graph indicating the marks obtained out of 50 in mathematics paper by 100 students. Read the bar graph and answer the following questions:It is decided to distribute work books on mathematics to the students obtaining less than 20 marks\n
- The marks $(out\ of\ 100)$ obtained by a group of students in a science test are 85, 76, 90, 85, 39, 48, 56, 95, 81 and 75. Find the:$(i)$. Highest and the lowest marks obtained by the students.$(ii)$. Range of the marks obtained.$(iii)$. Mean marks obtained by the group.
- In a CBSE examination, 10 students scored the following marks in Mathematics and Science. Calculate the range in each case."\n
- In a Mathematics test, the following marks were obtained by 40 students. Arrange these marks in a table using tally marks.(a) Find how many students obtained marks equal to or more than \( 7 . \)(b) How many students obtained marks below 4?"
- Finding average marks of students for different subjects and display only the highest average marks in MySQL
- Display the student marks in a single column on the basis of subject in MySQL?
- The marks obtained by 110 students in an examination are given below:Marks:30-3535-4040-4545-5050-5555-6060-65Frequency:141628231883 Find the mean marks of the students.
- Yash scored 40 marks in a test, getting 3 marks for each right answer and losing 1 mark for each wrong answer. Had 4 marks been awarded for each correct answer and 2 marks been deducted for each incorrect answer, then Yash would have scored 50 marks. How many questions were there in the test?