New Manager's Five-week Success System: 25 Days > Management
You will succeed, with the 25 most important management skills and 100 top new manager tools, actions and behaviours.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you a new manager, or soon-to-be manager, who has not had any training in management?
You are probably good at doing what you do, but managing others is a new skill. You need to win respect, motivate effort, and improve performance. There is a lot to learn.
The New Manager's Five-week Success System will give you all the information you need to start managing effectively, from day 1.
And, if you are already a new manager, then you will be able to apply this material straight away, and get immediate results.
Dr Mike Clayton - my Management Story
Hi, I'm Mike Clayton. I’ve been training new managers for nearly 20 years. And I was once that new manager myself, so I know the challenge of going from a doing role to a managing role. It doesn’t matter how good you are at doing: management is something new.
So, I have included in this course all the things I most wish I'd known when i started managing teams of colleagues. And I have created it around nuggets of advice that you can put straight into action: 100 of them.
Using thee tools, ideas, and methods, I was promoted from Manager to Senior Manager at Deloitte Consulting in one year - the minimum possible.
Here's what you'll get...
At the end of this course, you will be able to manage your team well… and to do so with confidence. You will be ready to take your place as an effective manager in your organization.
In this course, you’ll get 25 modules, covering all the basics of management. They are split into five sections with five themes:
- personal effectiveness
- communication skills
- managing individuals
- managing teams
- manager’s toolkit
Take a look at the 25 lectures in the curriculum to see what you'll be covering, in more detail.
So, that’s one group of five videos a week: one a day. Each video gives you four essential tips that you can apply straight away to get guaranteed results. They build up into an indispensable list of 100 ‘do this’ essentials that will transform your ability to get results.
Do you want to succeed quickly?
...or fail slowly?
Take this course if you aim to succeed in management, and you want to make a rapid start.
... Especially if you are in a management role for the first time and feel out of your depth, without the support and guidance you need.
Let Mike Clayton, with 20 years of being a manager and training managers, be your guide.
Do You Have to do One-a-day for Five Weeks?
That structure makes it easy for people with only a few minutes to spare, each day.
If you prefer to work through them, faster, or to dip in and out, or to watch what you need, when you need it... That's all fine by me.
Your Unconditional, No-questions, 30-Day Guarantee
Enroll for this course now, so you can start to regain control of your life straight away.
Who this course is for:
- This course is designed for new managers
- ... or soon to be, new managers.
- This course is perfect if you are strong technically or functionally, but have had little or no training in the craft of management.
- Take this course if you aim to succeed in management, and you want to make a rapid start.
- And particularly take this course if you are in a management role for the first time and feel a little out of your depth, without the support and guidance you need.
What will you learn in this course:
- Handle themselves and be seen by peers and their bosses as managers, rather than as capable doers.
- Present, solve problems, manage their time, and deal with colleagues in a confident, assertive way.
- Manage the people in their group or team, setting effective goals, delegating, and giving feedback.
- Deal with poor performance, and develop staff.
- Communicate at a managerial level to negotiate, motivate, and resolve conflict.
- Develop their team and harness the power of a team, dealing with setbacks in team dynamics and running good team meetings.
- Deploy five of the most essential tools for any manager to have in your toolkit.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You won't need any materials or specific knowledge to do this course.
- However, experience of organisational life will help you to put these modules into context.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Week 1: Personal Effectiveness - How to be an Awesome Professional
- Course Promo 02:33 02:33
- Monday: Self-confidence 06:44 06:44
- Tuesday: Personal Time Management 10:27 10:27
- Wednesday: Assert Yourself 09:56 09:56
- Thursday: Problem Solving 06:00 06:00
- Friday: Presenting 07:26 07:26
Week 2: Managing Individuals - How to Get the Best from your People
Week 3: Communication Skills - How to Make your Management Voice Heard
Week 4: Team Management - How to Create and Keep a High Performance Team
Week 5: Manager's Toolkit - How to Adapt to Whatever the Job Throws at You
Extras - Yes, there's more...
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now