- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name three liquids, which when tested in the manner shown in Fig.14.9, may cause the magnetic needle to deflect.
A circuit is in the given figure 14.9.
We have to name three liquids, which when tested in the manner shown in Fig.14.9, may cause the magnetic needle to deflect.
Let us observe the circuit first in the given figure 14.9:
On observing the given circuit we find the following components-
1. A battery
2. A beaker filled with a liquid
3. Two conductor wires connected to the terminals of the battery
4. One coil wrapped around a box
5. A compass is placed inside the box
Wires connected to the ends of the battery are immersed freely in the liquid.
Now, let us know how the needle of the compass placed in the box will deflect-
Deflection in the compass needle:
If the current pass through the circuit, the magnetic needle will deflect. The current will pass through the circuit if the liquid in the beaker in fig. 14.9 is a good conductor of electricity.
So, the liquid can be:
1. Soap water
2. Lemon juice
- Related Articles
- Will the compass needle show deflection when the switch in the circuit shown in Fig.14.24 is closed?"
- In the circuit shown in the figure, when the key is closed, the compass needle placed in the matchbox deflects. Name the force which causes this deflection."
- Observing that the bulb does not glow in the circuit shown in Fig. (A) Boojho changed the circuit as shown in Fig. (B). He observed deflection in the magnetic compass.$(a)$. What does the deflection in magnetic compass indicate?$(b)$. Why did the bulb not glow in Fig. $(A)$?$(c)$. What would be the effect of increase in the number of turns in the coil wound around the magnetic compass in Fig. $(B)$?$(d)$. What will be observed if the number of cells are increased in the circuit shown in Fig. $(B)$?"
- Name the substance whose build up in the muscles during vigorous physical exercise may cause cramps.
- List three liquids which are transparent.
- Name two liquids which help in the transport of substances in the human body.
- Draw the circuit diagram to represent the circuit shown in Fig.14.21."
- Would the bulb glow in the circuit shown in Fig. 12.15?"
- The change in magnetic field lines in a coil is the cause of induced electric current in it. Name the underlying phenomenon.
- Which of the following statements is incorrect regarding magnetic field lines?(a) The direction of magnetic field at a point is taken to be the direction in which the north pole of a magnetic compass needle points(b)Magnetic field lines are closed curves(c)If magnetic field lines are parallel and equidistant, they represent zero field strength(d)Relative strength of magnetic field is shown by the degree of closeness of the field lines
- When the free ends of a tester are dipped into a solution, the magnetic needle shows deflection. Can you explain the reason?
- Explain why the bulb would not glow in the arrangement shown in Fig. 12.13."
- Name the animals which have three hearts.
- Name any four pollutants which cause water pollution. State any three ways of controlling water pollution.
- Name one device which works on the magnetic effect of current.