- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name three liquids, which when tested in the manner shown in Fig.14.9, may cause the magnetic needle to deflect.
A circuit is in the given figure 14.9.
We have to name three liquids, which when tested in the manner shown in Fig.14.9, may cause the magnetic needle to deflect.
Let us observe the circuit first in the given figure 14.9:
On observing the given circuit we find the following components-
1. A battery
2. A beaker filled with a liquid
3. Two conductor wires connected to the terminals of the battery
4. One coil wrapped around a box
5. A compass is placed inside the box
Wires connected to the ends of the battery are immersed freely in the liquid.
Now, let us know how the needle of the compass placed in the box will deflect-
Deflection in the compass needle:
If the current pass through the circuit, the magnetic needle will deflect. The current will pass through the circuit if the liquid in the beaker in fig. 14.9 is a good conductor of electricity.
So, the liquid can be:
1. Soap water
2. Lemon juice
- Bootstrap Event when the modal is fully shown
- Bootstrap Event when the modal is about to be shown
- How is the Linux kernel tested?
- Rotating Magnetic Field in Three-Phase Induction Motor
- When to use the ofNullable() method of Stream in Java 9?
- When to use the readAllBytes() method of InputStream in Java 9?
- When to use the readNBytes() method of InputStream in Java 9?
- When to use the delayedExecutor() method of CompletableFuture in Java 9?
- Why does the order in which libraries are linked sometimes cause errors in GCC?
- Do underscores in a MySQL table name cause issues?
- When to use the ServiceLoader class in a module in Java 9?
- Explain the hedging instruments which are designated in IFRS 9
- How to access the elements in a series using index values (may or may not be customized) in Python?
- What are the different types of stylish bottoms for women which I may not know of?
- Program to find the product of three elements when all are unique in Python