- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name the type of mirror used in the following situations.
(a) Headlights of a car.
(b) Side/rear-view mirror of a vehicle.
(c) Solar furnace.
Support your answer with reason.
(a). Headlights of a car:
Concave mirrors are used as reflectors in the headlights of cars. In the headlight. the bulb is located at the focus of the concave mirror and so, the light rays after reflection from the mirror travel over a large distance as a parallel beam of high intensity.
(b). Rear-view mirror of vehicles:
A convex mirror is used as a side/rear-view mirror of a vehicle. A convex mirror always forms virtual, erect, and diminished images irrespective of the distance of the object.
Since the image is diminished, it enables a driver to view a large area of the traffic behind him.
(c). Solar furnace:
- The focal length of a spherical mirror in Python Program
- Python Program for the focal length of a spherical mirror
- Mirror of n-ary Tree in C++
- Find mirror of a given node in Binary tree in C++
- Java Program for focal length of a spherical mirror
- Print the Mirror Image of Sine-Wave Pattern in C
- Find mirror image of a point in 2-D plane in C++
- Sum of the mirror image nodes of a complete binary tree in an inorder way in C++
- Mirror Reflection in C++
- Create a mirror image with CSS
- Create a mirror tree from the given binary tree in C++ Program
- Program to find the left side view of a binary tree in C++
- Convert a Binary Tree into its Mirror Tree in C++
- Get the name of a primitive type in Java
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- Python Program to Create a Mirror Copy of a Tree and Display using BFS Traversal