- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Name the following:
1. The powerhouse of the cell -
2. Control centre of the cell -
3. Protein factory of the cell -
4. The Fluid in the plant cell -
5. The channels in the cytoplasm -
6. The storage structures of the cell -
1. The powerhouse of the cell - Mitochondria
2. Control center of the Cell - Nucleus
3. Protein factory of the cell - Rough Endoplasmic Reticulum
4. The fluid in the plant cell - Cell sap
5. The channels in the cytoplasm - Transmembrane channels or membrane channels
6. The storage structures of the cell - Vacuole
Mitochondria: It is known as the powerhouse of the cell. They are organelles that act like a digestive system that takes in nutrients, breaks them down, and creates energy-rich molecules for the cell.
The nucleus is a spherical organelle found in eukaryotic cells, enclosed by a nuclear envelope. It contains chromosomes.
The nucleus is rich in DNA, thus controlling gene expression, and DNA replication are the major functions of the nucleus. The nucleus is the site of transcription which forms different types of RNA from DNA.
Endoplasmic Reticulum: It is a continuous membrane system that forms a series of flattened sacs within the cytoplasm of eukaryotic cells and serves multiple functions, such as protein and lipid synthesis, folding, modification, and transport of proteins.
Vacuoles are enclosed compartments filled with inorganic and organic molecules along with water molecules and enzymes. Vacuoles store food and other nutrients required for the survival of the cell. It also helps in removing waste products to prevent cells from contamination.
- The CELL ATLAS: What are we made of?
- Working Principle of Voltaic Cell (Galvanic Cell)
- Update the content of a specific cell in MySQL
- Final cell position in the matrix in C++
- Sum of the Series 1/(1*2) + 1/(2*3) + 1/(3*4) + 1/(4*5) + ... in C++
- C++ program to find the sum of the series (1*1) + (2*2) + (3*3) + (4*4) + (5*5) + … + (n*n)
- Explain the ATM Cell Structure in Computer Network
- How to position component at the top of the grid cell with GridBagLayout in Java?
- C++ Program to find out the maximum number of moves to reach a unblocked cell to another unblocked cell in a grid
- How to get a value from the cell of a Pandas DataFrame?
- Sum of the series 1 + (1+2) + (1+2+3) + (1+2+3+4) + ... + (1+2+3+4+...+n) in C++
- Find sum of the series 1-2+3-4+5-6+7....in C++
- Find paths from corner cell to middle cell in maze in C++
- C++ program to find the sum of the series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +…….+ n/n!
- Cell fusion in Python