- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Match the organisms in Column A with their action in Column B.
|(i) Bacteria||(a) Fixing nitrogen|
|(ii) Rhizobium||(b) Setting of curd|
|(iii) Lactobacillus||(c) Baking of bread|
|(iv) Yeast||(d) Causing malaria|
|(v) A protozoan||(e) Causing cholera|
|(vi) A virus||(f) Causing AIDS|
|(g) Producing antibodies|
|(i) Bacteria||(e) Causing cholera|
|(ii) Rhizobium||(a) Fixing nitrogen|
|(iii) Lactobacillus||(b) Setting of curd|
|(iv) Yeast||(c) Baking of bread|
|(v) A protozoan||(d) Causing malaria|
|(vi) A virus||(f) Causing AIDS|
Cholera is an acute diarrheal sickness caused by an infection with the Vibrio cholerae bacterium in the bowel.
Biological nitrogen fixation (BNF) refers to the process by which atmospheric nitrogen is transformed into usable nitrogen compounds by bacteria such as rhizobium, present in the root nodules of leguminous plants. Some blue-green algae also contribute to the fixation of atmospheric nitrogen.
Lactobacillus is a species of bacterium that generates lactic acid as a byproduct of glucose metabolism. This is a "friendly" bacteria that generally resides disease-free in our digestive, urinary, and genital systems. This is utilized in the commercial manufacturing of sour milk, cheeses, and yogurt.
Fermentation is a chemical process in which carbohydrates, such as starch and glucose, are broken down anaerobically (without oxygen) by microorganisms (yeasts, bacteria, and moulds) that get energy from the process.
Plasmodium, a microscopic, single-celled protozoan organism, is responsible for causing malaria. The female Anopheles mosquito is the carrier of Plasmodium and spreads malaria from one person to another. Plasmodium reproduces by the asexual method of reproduction known as multiple fission.
AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) is the last stage of HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) infection caused by the weakened immune system, infected by a virus. It interferes with the body's ability to combat infection.
- Find rows with a match in a pipe delimited column with MySQL
- How to match a column in a data frame with a column in another data frame in R?
- How can we match the values having backslashes, like ‘a\b’, from MySQL column?
- Match column values on the basis of the other two column values in MySQL
- Select rows containing a string in a specific column with MATCH and AGAINST in MySQL
- How to find the column number of a string column based on a string match in an R data frame?
- MySQL ENUM column match for quoted values
- Update a column A if null, else update column B, else if both columns are not null do nothing with MySQL
- Update 'a' record with 'b' and 'b' with 'a' in a MySQL column (swap) with only 'a' and 'b' values?
- How can create a table having the name like a^b along with same column name? name?
- Concatenate the column values with separate text in MySQL and display in a single column
- Resolve the error Column count doesn’t match value count in MySQL?
- How to filter single column of a matrix with column name in R?
- How to round MySQL column with float values and display the result in a new column?
- Fetch the first letter of a column value and insert it in another column with MySQL
- MySQL query to match any of the two strings from column values