Mastering Linux Command Line
Most required skill on the DevOps/Cloud Job Market! Course is geared towards beginners & works as refresher for experts!
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
The course teaches you the Linux Command Line fundamentals, and take you on a journey with a good learning experience. We have also included few videos that guide you to setup your own Linux VM and also a Linux EC2 instance in AWS cloud!
- You will learn to work with the Linux files and folders!
- You will learn to navigate the Linux File System efficiently!
- You will learn to create our own command to save time!
- You will learn to create links & understand their limitations!
- You will learn to use many Text Processing commands!
- You will learn to use many commands effectively - ls, cd, grep, find..... etc
- You will learn to Standard I/O and Redirection with all concepts around it!
- You will learn to use "su" and "sudo" commands!
- You will learn to work with file attributes and permissions!
- You will learn to edit files using the "vi" editor!
- You will learn to schedule jobs!
- You will learn to archive files & folders using tar command!
- You will learn to customize your bash shell!
- You will learn to install VirtualBox, create VM and install ubuntu OS!
- You will learn to create AWS account!
- You will learn to create Linux EC2 instance!
- You will learn to SSH into your Linux EC2 instance!
What will you learn in this course:
- Learn Linux Command Line from basics
- Learn Linux File System & Navigation
- Learn to work with file attributes and permissions
- Learn vi Editor with practical usages
- Use "cron" to schedule tasks
- Learn various text processing commands to work efficiently
- Learn to create your own AWS Linux EC2 instance to practice
- Access to Live Linux Lab environment!
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- The course is geared towards a Linux Beginner!
- For experienced Linux Users - This course might work as a refresher!
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Course Overview 06:42 06:42
- How 2 GET BEST out of this course? 03:32 03:32
- Student Resources - Slides
Understanding Linux File System
Working with Directories & Files
Standard I/O & Redirection
Users, Groups & Switching User
File Attributes and Permissions
Editing Files using "vi" editor
Text Processing - Filters & Searching
Understanding Links (Hard & Soft/Symbolic)
Connecting to Linux Systems
Customizing Shell Environment
Shell Scripting Basics
Appendix & Miscellaneous
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now