Blockchain for Decision Makers
A systematic guide to using blockchain for improving your business
About the Book
Understand how blockchain works and explore a variety of strategies to implement it in your organization effectively
- Become familiar with business challenges faced by companies when using blockchain
- Discover how companies implement blockchain to monetize and secure their data
- Study real-world examples to understand blockchain and its use in organizations
In addition to cryptocurrencies, blockchain-based apps are being developed in different industries such as banking, supply chain, and healthcare to achieve digital transformation and enhance user experience. Blockchain is not only about Bitcoin or cryptocurrencies, but also about different technologies such as peer-to-peer networks, consensus mechanisms, and cryptography. These technologies together help sustain trustless environments in which digital value can be transferred between individuals without intermediaries.
This book will help you understand the basics of blockchain such as consensus protocols, decentralized applications, and tokenization. You'll focus on how blockchain is used today in different industries and the technological challenges faced while implementing a blockchain strategy. The book also enables you, as a decision maker, to understand blockchain from a technical perspective and evaluate its applicability in your business. Finally, you'll get to grips with blockchain frameworks such as Hyperledger and Quorum and their usability.
By the end of this book, you'll have learned about the current use cases of blockchain and be able to implement a blockchain strategy on your own.
What you will learn
- Become well-versed with how blockchain works
- Understand the difference between blockchain and Bitcoin
- Learn how blockchain is being used in different industry verticals such as finance and retail
- Delve into the technological and organizational challenges of implementing blockchain
- Explore the possibilities that blockchain can unlock for decision makers
- Choose a blockchain framework best suited for your projects from options such as Ethereum and Hyperledger Fabric
Who this book is for
This book is for CXOs, business professionals, organization leaders, decision makers, technology enthusiasts, and managers who wish to understand how blockchain is implemented in different organizations, its impact, and how it can be customized according to business needs. Prior experience with blockchain is not required.
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
Our students work
with the Best
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now