Become a Data Protection Officer (DPO)
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
Organizations collecting personal data of persons in Europe are impacted by the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Penalties can reach up to 4% of worldwide revenue or up to €20 million for non-compliant companies.
There is an ever growing global demand and need for employees to know at least the basics of privacy and data protection and the meaning of this in daily practices. This comprehensive course will provide you with the required knowledge and tools to identify GDPR requirements, analyze the gaps within your organization, and create a roadmap to become confident in processing personal data in compliance with GDPR. The course will as well equip you o become a Data Protection Officer who can confidently monitoring an organization’s data protection compliance and advise on its data protection obligations.
UPGRADE YOUR CAREER BY BECOMING A PROFESSIONAL IN DATA PROTECTION!
- There is so much to learn in this course:
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Structure
- UK vs EU GDPR
- Data Protection Principles
- Data Subjects Rights
- Data Protection Officer Role
- Creation and Analysis of GDPR Compliance Program
- Privacy by Design
- Penalties and Fines
- Data Protection Impact Assessment (DPIA)
- Incident Management Process
- GDPR Monitoring Compliance
- GDPR Audit Process
- Continual Improvement
- GDPR Cloud Storage Requirements
- Free GDPR Implementation Toolkit and Resources
Who this course is For ?
- Anyone curious about GDPR
- Data Protection Officers who want to work efficiently and develop skills
- Privacy professionals interested in GDPR and privacy program management
- Senior management looking for GDPR implementation in their companies
- Information Security Professionals
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand the concept of GDPR and interpret its requirements
- Have a complete overview of all relevant Articles of the GDPR
- Understand the correlation between GDPR and other regulatory frameworks such as ISO 27701
- Acquire the competence of performing the role of a Data Protection Officer
- Apply different GDPR principles of processing personal data
- Learn the most important ways to become GDPR compliant
- Develop the ability to inform, advise, and monitor GDPR compliance
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You don't need to have any prior knowledge of privacy and data protection, however a general compliance and governance knowledge will be useful.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 02:37 02:37
- General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) Structure 25:14 25:14
- Data Protection Principles 13:49 13:49
- Data Subjects Rights 14:07 14:07
- Data Protection Officer (DPO) Role 11:08 11:08
- Analysis of GDPR Compliance Program 18:03 18:03
- Records Of Processing Activities 01:59 01:59
- Risk Management and DPIA Process 12:37 12:37
- DPO Tasks 02:06 02:06
- GDPR Awareness Program 01:23 01:23
- Incident Management 03:37 03:37
- Monitoring GDPR Compliance 02:21 02:21
- GDPR Audit 07:56 07:56
- GDPR Continual Improvement 01:47 01:47
- GDPR Cloud Storage Requirements 08:02 08:02
- GDPR Toolkit 01:22 01:22
Mohamad MahjoubCyber Security Expert
Hi! I’m Mohamad; you might call me a bit of a computer geek; just a bit.
After spending 5 years working as an IT Project Manager for a leading multinational pharmaceutical company, I moved to the Banking sector to attain a senior role in the Information Security Audit field for 4 years; it was such a great experience. I have then relocated to Dubai to join a Dubai Smart Government entity for 3 years as an Information Security Manager. Currently I’m working as an Information Security Consultant for different companies in Dubai, Oman, and Bahrain. I have a total of 15 years of experience in the Information Technology field, with a focus on Information Security.
Since 2012, I have delivered many IT courses and topics to technical and non-technical audience, varying from fresh graduates, IT professionals, senior and executive management, and business owners. In a world of ubiquitous technology, I believe that Information Security is more important than ever, and it is something that everyone should be aware of, therefore it should not only be exclusive to the privileged few. I’m passionate about making this happen through spreading my knowledge to people like you. I’m a certified CISSP, CISA, PMP, ITIL, and ISO 27005 Risk Manager and I have a Masters in Computer Science from the Lebanese American University (LAU).
I hope you will enjoy my course.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now