Do It Yourself Local SEO For The Small Business Owner
Learn How To Rank In The Search Engines As a Small Business Following This Step by Step Course
Updated on Oct, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2 hours
Do you want to learn how to rank your business higher in Google Search?
Do you own a small business?
Do you just want to do the work on your own?
This is the perfect course for you.
I've created a step-by-step course that walks you through everything you need to know about boosting your visibility in the Google local map pack.
In August of 2015 Google changed the "local 7 pack" into the "local 3 pack".
It's now more important than ever to be working on Local Search Optimization for your business.
Only 3 businesses are now shown within the local business pack when typical "service + city" terms are used in Google search.
Who this course is for:
- Small businesses who are willing to put in the work to rank locally
- Those who are interested in dominating the search results for their local city
- If you are a business owner that lacks time to take action, this course might not be for you but it will help you understand the concepts of local SEO if you are unable to implement.
What will you learn in this course:
- Understand what Local SEO (Search Engine Optimization) is
- The Basics of setting up a small business website with Wordpress or Squarespace
- The importance of having a mobile friendly website
- How to setup and use Google+ for Business
- You will understand what important sites you should list your business on
- The importance of building business profiles across the internet
- Basic elements of on-page and off-page SEO
- How to outsource content writing for your website
- How to get more reviews for your Google business page
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You will need a basic website built with either Wordpress, Squarespace or another easy to use content management system
- A willingness to learn, implement, read and take consistent action
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction To The Course
- What To Expect In This Course 00:59 00:59
- Who Am I? Why I Created This Course 03:14 03:14
- What is local SEO? 03:58 03:58
- Pricing - This Course Vs. Using An SEO Agency 02:40 02:40
Setting Up a Simple Website for Business
Setting Up Your Google+ Business Page
Setting Up Your Yelp Business Page
Basic Social Media Setup
Creating Business Listings for Local SEO
Tools For Building Citations, Rank Tracking & More
Optimizing Your Website for Local SEO
Asking for Reviews From Your Customers
Getting Links From Other Websites aka Backlinks
Other Business Sites To Consider Signing Up On
Where To Go From Here
John SheaOwner of No Shame Income
I run the online blog No Shame Income where I share what's working for me in the world of online marketing.
I started learning about online marketing as a way to generate additional income, I enjoy connecting with others and helping people achieve their goals.
I have experience with Amazon, eBay, eCommerce, Social Media, SEO, Affiliate Marketing, Podcasting, Lead Generation, Landing Page Design, Wordpress & More.
I have created all kinds of courses on different topics such as Amazon, SEO and starting your own Podcast.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now