Become A Better Badminton Player
Featuring Abhishek Ahlawat
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Duration -1 hours
Learn to play the exciting game of badminton with expert instruction from Professional Player Abhishek Ahlawat. Assisting him in this comprehensive program are elite players Ankit Chikkara and Fiesal Wiranto. Among the topics covered are: choosing the right equipment, warming up, holding the right grip, different footworks and the right body position, different types of serves and serve returns for singles and doubles, demonstration of various skills, singles multi shuttle drills, singles single shuttle control drills, doubles single shuttle control drills and trick shots- double action- deception shots. Whether you are a beginner or an experienced competitive player, this program will help you to rapidly progress and take your skills to the next level!
Abhishek Ahlawat is a Professional Badminton Player. He started playing in India at the age of nine in 1999. He was previously ranked first in men doubles in the USA elite national rankings. Abhishek was silver medalist in the 2013 Bangladesh Open International Challenge. He has been an elite player of Frisco Badminton in Frisco, Texas since 2017.
What will you learn in this course:
- Students will learn various badminton fundamentals and drills. They will understand how to execute a wide variety of shots and skills, as well as some of the strategies of singles and doubles..
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- There are no prerequisites required. Students just need a badminton racquet, shuttlecock, court and another player to practice the drills.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:11 01:11
- Choosing the right equipment 02:44 02:44
- Warming up 04:00 04:00
- Holding the right grip 03:49 03:49
- Different footwork and the right body position 12:14 12:14
- Different types of serves 06:52 06:52
- Different types of serve returns (singles) 03:02 03:02
- Different types of serve returns (doubles) 05:16 05:16
- Demonstration of different skills 05:34 05:34
- Singles multi shuttle drills 05:42 05:42
- Double multi shuttle drills 10:38 10:38
- Singles single shuttle control drills 05:08 05:08
- Doubles single shuttle control drills 04:31 04:31
- Trickshots- double action- deception shots 08:35 08:35
- Closing comments 00:37 00:37
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now