Manufacturing Engineering - CASTING
Learn about Sand casting,Patterns,Moulds,Gating system,Modern casting techniques,Casting defects and many more.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
"Manufacturing Engineering is a branch of professional engineering which involves numerous concepts,subjects and processes. Metal casting being one of the most eminent".
The main motive of this course is to make you understand the CASTING process in greater detail without taking much of your time. The prime focus here is the traditional casting process (Sand casting). However, modern casting techniques as such Die casting, Centrifugal casting, Investment casting etc. will also be covered.
For the sake of better understanding. I have made the explanatory diagrams by myself because in many textbooks they look very complex.The language used in the course is very simple and to the point. ENROLL Now !!
What will you learn in this course:
- Traditional casting process (Sand casting)
- Pattern and Mould - Types of pattern material,Pattern allowances,Types of sand mould,Binders and Additives etc.
- Gating system - Elements,Accessories,Characteristics,Gating ratio,Aspiration effect,Cores and Chaplets,Solidification time,Riser design etc.
- Modern casting methods (Die casting,Slush casting,Shell moulding,Centrifugal casting,Investment casting)
- BONUS - Grain behavior in casting,Casting defects
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Preliminary idea of Material science and a little bit of high school chemistry (Although everything has been explained in the course)
- The most important trait - "A kin and curious mind"
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Scope of the course 02:20 02:20
- What is a casting process 05:29 05:29
- Steps of casting 04:33 04:33
Pattern and Mould
Modern casting methods
J Aatish RaoMechanical engineering professional
A dynamic team spirited mechanical engineering professional having 8+ years of industrial exposure. "Conducting workshops & engaging in teaching activities is the key ingredients of life".
Certified to provide training on various software,science & engineering related topics.
AutoDesk Certified Professional,AutoDesk Fusion Certified user, ClearFit Certified Team Leader, Industrial Consultant and a keen enthusiast of stargazing.
E-learning is such a supplement which can nourish you without being physically present :)
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now