- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Manu was heating oil to fry potato chips. The cooking oil all of a sudden caught fire, he poured water to extinguish the fire. Do you think, this action was suitable? If yes, why? If not, why not? In such a condition what should Manu have done?
Pouring water to extinguish the fire due to oil was not suitable action.
It is because oil is lighter than water hence, water will settle down below the oil. The oil floats on water and continues to burn.
In such conditions, sand or soil should be used. They cut off the supply of air to the fire. Thus, fire can be controlled.
[But sand or soil will not be available at that place.]
Steps that should have been taken by Manu
Manu should have switched off the flame of the burner and put a lid on the frying pan. By doing this, the contact between fuel and oxygen is cut off and the flame will go off.
- Which oil is better for cooking, mustard oil or coconut oil?
- Fire HTML5 dragstart
- How does Sandalwood Oil help the skin?
- How to fire jQuery events with setTimeout?
- Do you think garbage collector can track all the Python objects?
- Programmatically fire HTML5 dragstart after mousemove
- Fire trigger after the DELETE operation is executed in MySQL
- How to use rice bran oil for perfect hair care?
- What are the constituents of Bhringaraj oil for hair growth? Do these things really help in the growth of hair?
- How to use Almond Oil to reduce dark circles under eye?
- What do you think when you are alone?
- Do you think heart break makes you a better person?
- How to fire find query on sub-documents in MongoDB?
- Is really weed(cannabis) oil is good for health?
- How different chemical compounds are separated from crude oil?