- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
It was observed that a pencil sharpener gets attracted by both the poles of a magnet although its body is made of plastic. Name a material that might have been used to make some part of it.
An observation is that a pencil sharpener gets attracted by both the poles of a magnet although its body is made of plastic.
To name a material that might have been used to make some part of it.
Parts used in making a pencil sharpener:
A pencil sharpener's body is made up of plastic and its blade is made up of iron. So, two materials are used to make a pencil sharpener-
Plastic is a non-magnetic material because it is not attracted by magnets. Materials that are not attracted by a magnet are called magnetic materials.
Examples of non-magnetic materials:
Plastic, wood, glass, paper, etc.
Iron is a magnetic material because it is attracted by magnets. Materials that are attracted by a magnet are called magnetic materials.
Examples of magnetic materials:
Iron, nickel, cobalt, etc.
Although a pencil sharpener's body is made up of plastic, its blade is made up of iron. And we know that iron is a magnetic material that gets attracted to magnets. This is why a pencil sharpener gets attracted by both the poles of a magnet although its body is made of plastic.
- How to get the name of a test method that was run in a TestNG teardown method?
- Create a MySQL stored procedure that counts the number of rows gets affected by MySQL query?
- Updating a MySQL column that contains dot (.) in its name?
- Why some parts of a human body gets swelling and how can it be cured?
- Is it true that America can destroy any of its enemy or nation just through a click of a mouse?
- Find the minimum positive integer such that it is divisible by A and sum of its digits is equal to B in Python
- Find a positive number M such that gcd(N^M,N&M) is maximum in Python
- Is it true that Anorexia is also a mental disorder?
- Is it necessary that a try block should be followed by a catch block in Java?
- Which are the erotic zones in a male body that excite him?
- What is a Permanent Magnet Stepper Motor?
- What is a method in Java that ends in a semicolon and has no method body?
- Count pairs (i,j) such that (i+j) is divisible by both A and B in C++
- Print all the combinations of N elements by changing sign such that their sum is divisible by M in C++
- Is it true that Subrata Roy got VIP treatment while he was in Jail?