- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
It was diagnosed that a patient's body had lost its power of fighting any infection. Name the disease the patient was suffering from. Which microbe is responsible for this disease? Give two ways by which it spreads from one person to another.
The patient who lost its power of fighting any infection is suffering from AIDS (Acquired Immunodeficiency Syndrome).
AIDS is caused by the Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV), a retrovirus or an RNA virus.
AIDS spreads through:
(i) The establishment of sexual contact with the HIV-infected person.
(ii) HIV spreads through sharing injection equipment while using drugs or accidental needle sticks.
(iii) HIV spreads with the entry of infected blood during blood transfusions.
(iv) It also spreads through getting tattoos or body piercings with unsterilized or infected needles.
(v) A mother infected with AIDS can possibly transmit HIV to her child during pregnancy or childbirth.
AIDS (Acquired Immuno Deficiency Syndrome) is the last stage of HIV infection caused by the weakened immune system, infected by a virus. It interferes with the body\'s ability to combat infection.
Symptoms of the HIV-infected person remain unnoticeable or asymptomatic until the critical stage of the disease is reached.
The symptoms of AIDS include weight loss, fever, night sweats, fatigue, and recurrent infections.]
- If a doctor suddenly had a heart attack while doing surgery, would the other doctors work on the doctor or the patient?
- Which battle was Napoleon Bonaparte's greatest victory?
- How to get the name of a test method that was run in a TestNG teardown method?
- Tahqiq-i-hind was a work of which foreign traveller?
- What was the time when you felt a person was actually a shrewd one?
- Which was the first battle in India fought with artillery?
- Which British General was responsible for the Jallianwala Bagh massacre?
- Determine which Button was pressed in Tkinter
- How was the writing style of Wordsworth different from Coleridge?
- Who was the inventor of Periodic Table?
- What was the writing style of Thomas Carlyle?
- What was the writing style of Walter Pater?
- Who was Cinderella and what's the story behind her shoes?
- How was the writing style of Thomas Hardy different from Charles Dickens?
- How to frame the report of the event which was conducted last week in our college?