- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is it true that Subrata Roy got VIP treatment while he was in Jail?
Yes, it’s true that Subrata Roy, the Sahara India chief, was allowed an air-conditioned room with all the advanced communication facilities for about a year before he was sent back to an ordinary cell in November 2015. He remained in the ordinary cell till he got out on parole. Interestingly, Roy got the permission to live in the airconditioned room in Tihar Jail from the Supreme Court, after he agreed to pay a sum of Rs. 1.23 crores to the Tihar Jail authorities.
Power and Weight
I am not a legal luminary and hence, I can’t comment on the provisions of the law that allows special facilities to an inmate if he can throw his money and weight around. Apparently, one would need an equally resourceful lawyer to be able to get the court to issue such permissions. This was made possible by Roy’s lawyer, Dr. Rajeev Dhawan, a very senior criminal advocate, and Kapil Sibal.
Man With Suspicious Background
Roy has a dubious background as a businessman with very close links to all the powerful politicians of UP and other states and he utilized all these links to build his Sahara Parivar through means that explain why he’s still on parole. He has to pay a total of Rs. 20,000 crores to shareholders and debtors and his assets are on the verge of getting mortgaged for his inability to pay these dues.
- Is it true that opportunity knocks only once?
- Is it true that Anorexia is also a mental disorder?
- Is it true that Dreams manifest into Achievements in life?
- Is it true that farming is no more a profitable business in India?
- Is it true that we should not add salt to curd?
- What is Yellow Jaundice? What is the best treatment for it?
- Why did Michael Jackson's skin turn white as he got older?
- Is it true that the color of our eyes indicates our health condition?
- My kid is now 2 years old and he has not got any molar, what to do?
- Is it true that Amazon is going to kick off a venture in food retail in India?
- Is it true that IRCTC will not take transaction charges on online ticket bookings?
- Is it always true that Big/Branded Hospitals always grabbing unnecessary money from patients?
- Is it true that Aadhar is no longer needed for your mobile sim, passport, license etc.,?
- What is Scanner class in Java? when was it introduced?