- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Is Indian media portraying the right image of women?
Gone are the days when women were confined to the four walls of the house. Earlier women used to work as housemaids or engage themselves in tailoring, weaving, art, and craft.But now they are breaking stereotypes, disrupting patriarchy and fighting for their own rights. This all is even evident in the media, be it social media or print media.
Movies In which Women Characters Are In Limelight
The classic of Indian cinema, this movie portrays its leading character as having a lot of courage. She takes hard decisions, for instance, killing his own son as punishment for his sins.
Queen and Super Nani
These are the movies that have been comparatively recent ones. In one movie, a woman sets for a solo honeymoon whereas in other she gets a portfolio made for her despite being a grandmother.
Editorials In Newspapers by Wome
Print media such as newspapers, magazines have lead editors as women. Miss Malini is famous for Bollywood talks, whereas Rujuta Diwekar for diet.
Despite the changing times where women are treated as Bold, Outspoken females like Shilpa Shinde in Big Boss, Rakhi Sawant and Mallika Sherawat in movies; there are still certain movies which display women in plight. It is not because the directors of those movies do not endorse women empowerment, but their perception is not clearly stated in their movies. This may be due to the fact that in contemporary times, the people run after entertainment and not art movies. So, basically what is served in the latter is what most people love to relish.
Apart from this, talking about whether it is a right image or a bad one, would again depend on the context. If a movie shows a rebellious woman fighting for her rights, it may not appeal to the senior citizens, as in their times' things were completely different. But in our times it is completely acceptable to view such an image on the silver screen. Therefore, such judgments differ from person to person.
- Which kind of empowerment are Indian women lacking for?
- Why are Indian women cricket matches not getting the broadcasters?
- Why is women empowerment related to education of women?
- Why Indian Vehicles steering is on Left Side while few Foreign countries in right side?
- What is the history of women's day celebration?
- What is the significance of "bindi" in Indian Culture?
- What is the best part of being an Indian?
- Which is the best saving plan for women?
- Why is the Indian monsoon so unpredictable?
- How women education leads to women empowerment?
- What is Transmission media?
- Why is the breathing rate of of women and children higher than men?
- What is the concept of "Block of Assets" under the Indian Tax Rules?
- Indian Fashion Designers of the Modern Era
- What is Unguided (Wireless) Media?