- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Iron fillings and sulphur were mixed together and divided into two parts, 'A' and 'B'. Part 'A' was heated strongly while Part 'B' was not heated . Dilute hydrochloric acid was added to both the Parts and evolution of gas was seen in both the cases. How will you identify the gases evolved?
When iron fillings and sulphur is heated it will give the following reaction:
$Fe(s)+S(s) → FeS$
When HCl is added to this mixture Ferric chloride is produced and Hydrogen sulphide gas is produced. A foul rotten egg smell of Hydrogen sulphide is the indicator of H2S production.
$FeS + 2HCl \rightarrow FeCl_2 + H_2S$
When dilute HCl is added to this setup B, Hydrogen gas is evolved and sulphur does not take part in the reaction. When a burning matchstick is brought near the evolved gas, the matchstick burns with a pop. This is the indication of the production of Hydrogen gas.
$Fe + 2HCl \rightarrow FeCl_2 + H_2$
- Python a += b is not always a = a + b
- Registers B, C, D, E, H, and L in 8085 Microprocessor
- Who was Francis Bacon and what was his contribution to English Literature?
- Who was Robert Browning and what was special regarding his writing style?
- Find FIRST & FOLLOW for the following Grammar. S → A a A | B b B A → b B B → ε
- Find the number of ways to divide number into four parts such that a = c and b = d in C++
- When was the Motorcycle invented and by whom?
- Construct Quadruples, Triples, and Indirect Triples for the expression -(a + b) * (c + d) - (a + b + c)
- HTML5 and Amazon S3 Multi-Part uploads
- Why is cricket not a part of Olympics?
- Find and replace a part of URL records in MySQL?
- a.sort, sorted(a), np_argsort(a) and np.lexsort(b, a) in Python
- Show that the following grammar is LR (1) S → A a |b A c |B c | b B a A → d B → d
- How was money introduced into the world?
- In which era, India was known as a golden bird and why?