Introduction to writing academic research papers in English
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
In this course, you will learn how to write a research paper in English in 5+1 steps which will be dealt with in three phases (i.e., the pre-drafting phase, the drafting phase, and the post-drafting phase).
In the 5+1 steps, which will be dealt with in this course, you will learn how to start by selecting your research topic (in the first step), and you will be guided step-by-step from the journal selection to the step of submitting your final draft to the target journal and getting it published (in the last step). These 5+1 steps are based on my two-volume book series published by Amazon on How to write academic research papers.
The information provided in this course is not only useful while writing a research paper, but a large bulk of it will also be useful while writing book reviews, review papers, short reports, and so on.
In addition, you will learn
- How to search on scientific databases and websites and
- Data collection, analysis, presentation, and interpretation in my comprehensive course.
Those who attend this course can attend my other comprehensive course the content of which is more than 30 hours. That comprehensive course will give you a better insight on writing research papers in English.
What will you learn in this course:
- How to write research papers
- How to select best and most innovative research topics
- How to select best journals to publish your papers
- How to navigate scientific websites and databases
- How to collect, analyze, present and interpret data
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Basic English knowledge
- Basic research writing knowledge
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Intro 06:36 06:36
Select the best topic
Select the best journal
Write, revise, and edit
Investigate effective factors and read sources
Ahmad SharifzadehUniversity Instructor, Editor & Proofreader, and Consultant
Ahmad Sharifzadeh is a trilingual lecturer, author, translator, consultant, and editor & proofreader.
I have taught different courses at more than 30 universities.
I work as a part-time proofreader and editor for some international academic journals and publishers. In addition, I hold courses for BA and MA students, as well as PhD candidates. I also teach international students online. In addition, I work as a consultant for students who write their thesis, papers, etc. along with those who wish to apply for a scholarship as an MA, PhD, or Postdoc researcher.
I have teaching experience at a dozen universities, lecturing different courses and workshops for post-graduate students, holding online courses for students from different universities, producing audio-visual materials for international students, and author of the books published by Amazon as follows:
1. How to write academic research papers (Volume 1): What should a researcher know and do before writing a research paper?
2. How to Write Academic Research Papers (Volume 2): Drafting, Revising, and Editing and Submitting the Manuscript
3. Academic English Grammar: For Intermediate and Advanced Learners
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now