Introduction to MicroPython using the Pyboard
Get introduced to MicroPython and the Pyboard.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
This beginner level course has twin objectives - (1) Introduce you to the Pyboard (2) Introduce you to MicroPython. By the end of this course, you would have developed a firm grasp of the hardware capabilities of the Pyboard and learnt to program it using MicroPython. We assume passing familiarity with the Python Programming language on the part of the learner.
Other than hardware and embedded enthusiasts, this course is also designed to be a gateway to embedded programming for folks coming from hardcore programming background with zero knowledge of electronic development boards. We think hobbyists and hard core engineers (hardware and software) alike will learn much from this course.
Who this course is for:
- A Python developer without hardware experience looking to get started in embedded programming.
- Someone familiar with conventional microcontroller programming, but are looking to use a high-level language to program the microcontroller.
- An electronics hobbyist or an enthusiast looking to explore the Pyboard and MicroPython.
- A hardcore electronics engineer looking to learn one of the most exciting developments in the field of microcontroller programming.
What will you learn in this course:
This course will teach you the programming language MicroPython, it's essential features and the platform or the microcontroller on which it will run, called the Pyboard.
By the end of this course, you will be able to build non-trivial projects using the Pyboard, by programming it using MicroPython.
You will also develop enough confidence to program MicroPython compatible boards other than the Pyboard using MicroPython.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
To get maximum value out of this course, you should have at least a basic knowledge of programming principles.
Familiarity with Python will help you to follow this course easily.
You will also need to know some of the basic electronic concepts and experience with microcontroller boards like Arduino will help you in following this course.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Introduction to the course
- Introduction to the course 06:49 06:49
- An Overview of MicroPython 09:16 09:16
- An Overview of Pyboard 02:43 02:43
- Course Resources
What is MicroPython?
Experimenting with the Pyboard features
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now