International Business: Applied Fundamentals
Learn the Fundamentals of International Business
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Are you interested in a career within in the world of international business?
You have come to the right place! Learn the principles of International Business here.
Throughout this course you will be introduced to the fundamentals of international business viewed from the perspective of the business manager. We will study the five main areas of International Business:
1. International Economics and Trade Theory – The Importance of International Business, Globalization of Commerce, International Economics and Trade Theory, Comparative Advantage of Nations - Factor Availability versus Production Input, Comparative Advantage versus Absolute Advantage, Strategies for Entering and Developing International Markets, Foreign Director Investment (FDI), Foreign Exchange Markets & International Monetary System, Exchange Rates Policies and Purchasing Power Parity (PPP).
2. Global Capital Markets and Regional Trade Zones – The World Bank, Adapting to the Times and the WTO, The Organisation for Economic Cooperation and Development (OECD), Emerging Markets and Regional Trade Zones and Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC).
3. International Business Strategies – Free Trade Zones, Multinational Enterprise Structures, The Organizational Structure of a Multinational Company, International Marketing, Phases of International Marketing Involvement, Global Marketing, Demographic Factors Affecting International Trade, Ageing and Comparative Advantage and Changes in Labour Force Composition.
4. Demographic Factors / International Accounting / Cross Border HR Management – International Accounting and Transfer Pricing, Basic Issues Underlying Transfer Pricing, Global Transfer Pricing Regimes and How to Implement a Cross-Border Resources Policy.
5. International Business Instruments and Agreements – International Business Instruments, Trade Terms, International Shipping and Freight Forwarders and its Fundamental Role, Cross Border Agreements, Taxable Presence, Accounting Issues, Managing VAT/GST Through Centralized Teams and Value for Customs.
Each of these segments includes practical cases and quizzes aiming to strengthen your knowledge.
Follow along as we provide you with the skills to effectively evaluate, manage, and design the international business knowledge and functions to contribute to a firm’s future direction through applying modern thought.
Why wait? Don't miss this fantastic opportunity!
What will you learn in this course:
- In this course you will understand and evaluate the role of economic analysis within international business business contexts and appreciate the economic underpinnings of business strategy in international settings
- In this course you will learn how to analyse and synthesize various models of competitive analysis to assess strategic behaviour in international business
- In this course you will learn how to analyse and evaluate the complex competitive scenarios at both the firm and industry level to international business
- This course will equip you with theoretical and practical knowledge of competitive strategies in the context of globalisation, particularly major entry and exit strategies of international business
- In this course you will learn to critically evaluate information from a wide range of sources to demonstrate research skills, show initiative in consulting the academic literature and demonstrate the capacity to document the outcomes in international econ
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Computer with an Internet connection.
- PDF reading software, such as free Adobe Reader.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
International Economics and Trade Theory
- Lecture 1.1: International Business General Concepts 02:38 02:38
- Lecture 1.2: The Importance of International Business 03:56 03:56
- Lecture 1.3: Globalisation of Commerce 02:46 02:46
- Lecture 1.4: International Economics and Trade Theory 06:53 06:53
- Lecture 1.5: Comparative Advantage of Nations 02:50 02:50
- Lecture 1.6: Comparative Advantage versus Absolute Advantage lecture 03:40 03:40
- Lecture 1.7: Strategies for Entering and Developing International Markets 03:48 03:48
- Lecture 1.8: Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) 06:30 06:30
- Lecture 1.9: Foreign Exchange Markets and International Monetary System 04:28 04:28
- Lecture 1.10: Exchange Rate Policies 04:28 04:28
- Lecture 1.11: Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) 03:42 03:42
Global Capital Markets and Regional Trade Zones
International Business Strategies
Demographic Factors / International Accounting / Cross Border HR Management
International Business Instruments and Agreements
Sentinel | 9Business Education
Sentinel | 9 is now offering educational courses and specialised modules from its industry-leading university-level Business program. This package is usually provided via Higher Education partners, where it comes with a Degree upon completion. However, for individuals seeking valuable education and knowledge without the hassle of enrolling in university, Sentinel | 9 has redeveloped its resources into easily accessible learning content.
These resources are a perfect fit for individuals who want to sharpen their business skills, learn about new practices in business or wish to educate themselves in something new. The Sentinel | 9 material is developed with consultation from industry experts, professorial, doctoral, and postdoctoral in-house academics to ensure learning is of the highest quality.
Through this offering, users will now have access to high-quality, practical, on-demand resources across all aspects of business, including business strategy, business law, finance, marketing strategy, economics, organisation behaviour, leadership, human resources, accounting and more.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now