Inside Volleyball Practice Vol. 2
Featuring Coach Ashlie Hain
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Get another look inside a Division I college volleyball practice featuring University of California, Irvine Head Coach Ashlie Hain. The comprehensive practice session covers positional training with defensive specialists, outsides, middles, and setters. Numerous techniques and drills are covered with an emphasis on high intensity repetitions. This video is an excellent resource for volleyball coaches or players at any level of competition.
About the coach:
Ashlie Hain is the Head Women's Volleyball Coach at the University of California Irvine (UCI). Hain, a two-time team captain and setter for the Anteaters, played at UCI from 2001-04 and is still the career leader in assists with 5,698 and is fifth in career digs (1,175). She returned to UCI after coaching at American River College (ARC) and serving as a Professor of Kinesiology. Hain amassed 127 wins in six years at ARC and was voted the Conference Coach of the Year as well as the Northern California Coach of the Year in 2013. Ashlie Hain also spent two years in the professional ranks, playing in Stuttgart, Germany, and Split, Croatia.
What will you learn in this course:
- Students will know the important volleyball fundamentals of passing, setting, blocking, hitting and serving. They will know several of the best drills to practice to achieve success in volleyball.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Students should already be familiar with the basic fundamentals of volleyball. There should be a enough players available to do the drills presented.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:22 01:22
- Bowling Series 06:12 06:12
- Serve - Receive Relationship 08:19 08:19
- Defensive Movement Drills 10:09 10:09
- Tooling the Block 05:05 05:05
- Hitting Lines - Working at Shot Selection 07:46 07:46
- Seeing the Defender Behind the Blocker 11:06 11:06
- Ball Control and Setting Drills 09:31 09:31
- Serving to Different Areas 05:44 05:44
- Closing Comments and Credits 00:45 00:45
Sport Videos is one of the world's premier producers of instructional videos for coaches and athletes at all competitive levels. Our videos feature some of the top coaches and athletes in the world. We cover every individual and team sport from archery to wrestling. With 29 different sports and 94 expert instructors, we are ready to help you take your game to the next level!
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now