Industrial Automation & its Elements
Discover the foundations for a Career in Industrial Automation.
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Prior understanding of Industrial Automation
Every person’s life is being influenced by automation. Automation is essential for a healthy economic growth. It reduces production time while maintaining excellent accuracy. Every industry has its own set of automation for process optimization.
Simply put, industrial automation is a technology that employs advanced machineries and technologies to carry out a variety of manufacturing processes.
This course will cover everything from computer integrated manufacturing principles to industrial plc programming for a spectrum of applications. This program will take a total of 36 Hours for learning, practicing the quizzes and programming.
Why Industrial Automation?
Be a part: Automation is essential for a better economic growth. We know how industries are shifted by implementing high end automation technologies such as transfer lines, VMC, Automated Guided Systems, Welding Robots and so on. Industrial Automation is already used so much in everyday life, industries and its application are only going to increase.
Be in demand: Industrial Automation is one of the hottest career options these days with thousands of internships and jobs being added every day.
Channel your potential: Whether you are a mechanical, electrical or computer science engineer, no matter whatsoever, you can acquire and utilize wide range of automation career opportunities
What will you learn in this course:
- Describe the functions of sensors, relays, safety devices, PLCs, HMIs, and VFDs, as well as their applications.
- Select Sensors, PLC, Relay, Switchgears based on the requirement (for a project/application)
- Write PLC Ladder Logic Programming in Siemens TIA Software on their own.
- Connect the Photoelectric Sensor and LED Lamp to the Siemens S71500 PLC.
- Explain the various Automation Strategies, including their types and components.
- Outline the di?erent AGV and ASR System types based on the application.
- Relate various Industrial Manufacturing Processes and their Applications.
- Summarize the Industrial Database and Networking.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Each delegate who participates in this course is expected to have prior knowledge on the following areas/knowledge (Basic overview) (prior understanding subjects)
- Understanding the fundamental terminologies used in the manufacturing industry, such as lead time, cycle time, production rate, database, host, network, communication, and so on.
- Understanding the basic electrical and electronic devices, as well as their operation.
- Knowledge of number systems (binary, decimal, hexadecimal and binary coded)
- To understand the discussions, subjects, and programming, basic English knowledge and logical thinking interpretation are required.
- Although the above-mentioned prerequisites that allow you to learn technical subjects are beneficial, they are not necessary because this is a completely beginner-friendly program.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:27 01:27
Sriram NagarajanCEO and Co-Founder at RoboRAM
Sriram Nagarajan, an entrepreneur, has been the Founder & CEO of RoboRAM, an Industrial Automation Company, since 2018. Sriram holds a bachelor's degree in Robotics and Automation from PSG College of Technology, and his multidisciplinary project management experience encompasses the fields of Industrial Automation, IoT, and Robotics.
As a Sales Engineer to Research Journalist, he has worked in a number of automation industries (4+ Years of Technical Expertise).
Developed expertise in PLC Automation, IoT Communication, RPA Bot Development, and low-cost automation through numerous projects.
He had delivered automation training to over 8000 people as a hobby during the past two years.
He had been invited to share his Automation expertise with students and faculties at more than 50 engineering institutions. For a while, he's been working on agriculture mobile robot research while also managing industrial projects and automation trainings.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now