- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In tobacco plant, the male gametes have twenty four chromosomes. What is the number of chromosomes in the female gamete? What is the number of chromosomes in the zygote?
In a tobacco plant, there are 24 chromosomes in male gametes.
Thus, the haploid number of chromosomes is 24.
(i) The female gamete or an egg contains the haploid number of chromosomes. Therefore, there are N chromosomes or 24 chromosomes in the female zygote.
(ii) Zygote contains a diploid number of chromosomes.
Therefore, 2N is 2 x 24, which is 48 chromosomes.
- What is the maximum age for male and female to have healthy kids?
- What are chromosomes? What role they play in human beings?
- What is the octal equivalent of a decimal number in C#?
- What is the maximum number of threads per process in Linux?
- Number of digits in the nth number made of given four digits in C++
- What Is the Default MySQL Port Number?
- Maximize the product of four factors of a Number in C++
- What is the MySQL query to display the number of tables in a database?
- What the is the functionality of RBI?
- What is the best age to have kids?
- What is the purpose of the `//` operator in python?
- What is the use of the @ symbol in PHP?
- What are the components of a typical Thermal Power Plant?
- What are the components of a typical Nuclear Power Plant?
- What is the purpose of the command interpreter?