- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In our country, according to the 2011 census, there are 940 adolescent females for every 1000 males. Find out.
(a) the concerns of the community regarding this low ratio. Remember that the chance of having a boy or a girl is equal.
(b) What amniocentesis is and how useful is this technique? Why is its use for the identification of the sex of the unborn child banned in India?
Ideally, there should be an equal number of boys and girls. The uneven sex ratio indicates that the community favors the birth of boys over girls. An uneven sex ratio leads to unnecessary crimes like trafficking, etc.
Amniocentesis is a medical procedure useful for diagnosing chromosomal abnormalities and other defects in the fetal stage. This test is used for the identification and treatment of disorders.
In India, this medical procedure is often used for pre-natal sex determination, and people abort girl fetuses. Thus, amniocentesis is banned for sex determination in India.
The doctor may advise undergoing amniocentesis as a prenatal treatment throughout pregnancy. The test detects fetal anomalies (birth defects), including Down syndrome, cystic fibrosis, and spina bifida. The majority of the time, the results are normal.
Amniocentesis is often done between 16 and 20 weeks of pregnancy. During this stage, the growing fetus is floating in approximately 130ml of amniotic fluid, which it continuously eats and excretes. A tiny amount of this fluid is removed with a fine needle from the sac around the fetus.
The fluid is analyzed to gain information about the baby, such as its gender, and to detect physical problems such as Down syndrome or spina bifida. DNA testing may also be performed on amniotic fluid samples to diagnose a variety of genetic abnormalities, including cystic fibrosis and fragile X syndrome.
Amniocentesis is only conducted on women who are believed to be at a greater risk of giving birth to a child with a birth defect.
- How can Tensorflow be used with Estimators to visualise the plot of number of males v/s females?
- Which country publishes the most number of books every year?
- Program to find out the minimum number of moves for a chess piece to reach every position in Python
- What are the basic responsibilities you have for your country?
- Set the day of the month for a specified date according to universal time?
- Find out the Regular expression for the given finite automata
- Why is social reputation necessary for the scientific community people?
- How to find out all the indexes for a DB2 table TAB1?
- How to redirect domain according to country IP address in PHP?
- C++ Program to find out the health of a character
- Are there any style options for the HTML5 Date picker?
- Create a procedure to find out the factorial of a number?
- Set the milliseconds for a specified date according to universal time.
- Set the seconds for a specified date according to universal time.
- Set the minutes for a specified date according to universal time.
- Set the month for a specified date according to universal time.