- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In ancient times stitching was not known. People used to simply drape the fabrics around different parts of their body. Even today a number of unstitched fabrics are used by both men and women. Can you give four such examples of clothes?
Saree, dhoti, lungi, turban, dupatta, etc. are unstitched fabrics used by men and women.
Fibres are thread-like structures that are long, thin and flexible. These may be spun into yarns and then made into fabrics. There can be different types of fibres. On the basis of their origin, fibres are classified as natural fibres and synthetic fibres.
Natural fibres- Natural fibres are the fibres that are obtained from plants, animals or mineral sources. Some examples are cotton, silk, wool etc.
Natural fibres can again be divided into two types -
a. Plant fibres- plant fibres are fibres that are derived from plants. Eg. Cotton and Jute.
b. Animal fibres- Animal fibres are fibres derived from animals. Eg. Silk is derived from cocoons of silkmoth and Wool is derived from hairs of sheep and goats.
Synthetic fibres- Synthetic fibres are man-made fibres designed to make fabrics.
Eg. Nylon and Rayon]
- What are the situations people sell even their organs?
- XOR of numbers that appeared even number of times in given Range in C++
- Write about an incident when you made a difference to the lives of the people around you?
- First element that appears even number of times in an array in C++
- Count number of ways to divide a number in parts in C++
- How was the writing style of Wordsworth different from Coleridge?
- Average of even numbers till a given even number?
- In which era, India was known as a golden bird and why?
- Different Types of Transformers and Their Applications
- Find the Number of Ways to Pair People using C++
- Why some parts of a human body gets swelling and how can it be cured?
- Python Program to Search the Number of Times a Particular Number Occurs in a List
- Program to find minimum cost to send same number of people to two different cities in Python