- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
In a class test $(+3)$ marks are given for every correct answer and $(-2)$ marks are given for every incorrect answer and no marks for not attempting any question.
(i) Radhika scored $20$ marks. If she has got $12$ correct answers, how many questions has she attempted incorrectly?
(ii) Mohini scores $-5$ marks in this test, though she has got $7$ correct answers. How many questions has she attempted incorrectly?
Marks given for every correct answer $= +3$
Marks given for every incorrect answer $= -2$
Number of marks scored by Radhika $=20$ marks
Correct answers by Radhika $= 12$
Number of marks scored by Mohini $=-5$ marks
Correct answers by Mohini $= 7$
We have to find the number of questions incorrectly attempted by (i) Radhika (ii) Mohini.
(i) Marks given for correct answers for Radhika $= 12 \times (+3) = 36$
Marks given for incorrect answers $=$ Number of marks scored by Radhika $-$ Marks given for correct answers
The number of questions incorrectly attempted by Radhika $=-16 \div (-2)$
(ii) Marks given for correct answers for Mohini $= 7 \times (+3) = 21$
Marks given for incorrect answers $=$ Number of marks scored by Mohini $-$ Marks given for correct answers
The number of questions incorrectly attempted by Mohini $=-26 \div (-2)$
- Finding average marks of students for different subjects and display only the highest average marks in MySQL
- Group the marks of a particular student from a table and display total marks in a separate column for each student?
- Different possible marks for n questions and negative marking in C++ Program
- Are punctuation marks a guide to good communication?
- Fetch maximum individual marks for a student with marks1 and marks2 records in MySQL?
- Java Program to set minor tick marks in a JSlider every 10 units
- Java Program to set major tick marks in a JSlider every 25 units
- What are the different quote marks of MySQL?
- C program to find marks of students for boys or girls
- How to update document with marks value in MongoDB for student David
- Set quotation marks with CSS
- Find percentage from marks in MySQL
- Find shortest unique prefix for every word in a given list in C++
- Display tick marks in a JSlider with Java