- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
I have a ribbon-like tongue and thousands of tiny sharp teeth I have a protective case to house my gills. who am I?
Animals belonging to Molluscs Species like snails, slugs, octopuses, squids, and cuttlefish, have a ribbon-like tongue with numerous tiny, sharp teeth or a protective case or a layer of the mantle to house its gills.
Mollusks like clams have shells to protect their soft bodies, but slugs do not have shells. Snails crawl on their broad and muscular feet, but octopuses can swim.
With at least 50,000 extant species, the molluscan order of animals is one of the most varied animal kingdoms in the world (and more likely around 200,000). It contains well-known creatures, including clams, scallops, oysters, chitons, octopuses, and squid. Some lesser-known subspecies of mollusks, such as the monoplacophorans, were originally believed to be extinct for millions of years until a specimen was discovered in 1952 in the deep water off the coast of Costa Rica.
The group of creatures known as mollusks all has soft bodies with conventional "head" and "foot" regions.
They frequently have a hard exoskeleton covering their bodies, similar to the plates of chitons or the shells of snails and clams.
- I have a startup but sometimes I lack motivation and feel like giving up. How can I keep myself motivated throughout?
- I have SAP UI5 application that I am not able to start after adding to SAP Fiori Launchpad.
- In college, if I am being ragged by my seniors, whom should I complain?
- What I have to study to make a career in robotics?
- How can I view the indexes I have set up in MySQL?
- What MySQL databases do I have permissions on?
- I have recently sold a property worth Rs. 20 Lakh but I have no clue where to invest this money and get decent returns. Please suggest!
- What are the things I have to do every morning when I wake up?
- How do I make my string comparison case insensitive?
- Why do humans have different types of teeth?
- I have a unique startup idea, but don’t know where to start? What should I do?
- How can I search (case-insensitive) in a column using LIKE wildcard?
- An Anagram I Am in Python
- How do I print and have user input in a text box in Tkinter?
- What are the measures that I have to take to be a successful entrepreneur?