- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
I find ragi bitter in taste. Are there any ways to consume it such that it does not taste bitter?
Ragi is a healthy cereal crop also known as Eleusine coracana, or finger millet. But some people are not able to consume it frequently despite being aware of its nutritional benefits, and the reason being its bitter taste. Let us look at some interesting recipes using raagi wherein raagi does not taste too bitter.
For snack time, hogging on ragi cookies is a healthier alternative than eating maida cookies. Let us look at the recipe.
In a bowl, add 1/2 cup ragi, 1/2 cup wheat flour, and 1/2 cup semolina. Mix these dry ingredients along with cardamom powder, nutmeg powder and cinnamon powder (1 tsp each).
Add 1 cup butter (unsalted) and mix thoroughly. In a separate bowl add 1 cup thick cream and 2 cups sugar. You can also reduce the quantity of sugar if you consume less sweet.
Now mix the ingredients of both the bowls. After thoroughly mixing, add 1tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda.
In a preheated oven and a greased tin, add the mixture on butter paper such that the shape is of circular disks and allow it to bake it for 30 minutes. Check the cookies and reverse their side and bake it for another 10-15 minutes. Relish it with hot tea or coffee.
Ragi Cashew Halva
For those who have sweet cravings, ragi cashew halva is a must try.
In a heavy bottom pan, add 4-5 tbsp of desi ghee.
Add ragi flour (1 cup) and stir it well until the aroma fills the kitchen.
Add cashew paste (nearly 2tbsp) and mix it with pre-cooked ragi and 3 cups of milk.
Keep stirring until there is a boil. Add 1 to 1.5 cups of powdered sugar depending upon how sweet you want the halva to be.
Serve hot after garnishing it with almonds, pistachios, and raisins.
- Why does tea give after taste and what to do to avoid it?
- Why is it that there are hardly any weight loss regimens/treatments that really work?
- Are there any ways to Manipulate Strings in Java.
- Find an array element such that all elements are divisible by it using c++
- What are the curries in which cinnamon can be used to improve the taste?
- Program to find number of ways we can merge two lists such that ordering does not change in Python
- How can I create a python directory if it does not exist?
- Are there any other ways I can improve my concentration other than the Rubic Cube?
- Ways to paint stairs with two colors such that two adjacent are not yellow in C++
- Count numbers in range such that digits in it and it's product with q are unequal in C++
- MySQL create user if it does not exist?
- How can I create a directory if it does not exist using Python?
- What kind of jobs are there in the IT sector?
- Insert records in MongoDB collection if it does not exist?
- Program to find number m such that it has n number of 0s at end in Python