- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How Prosperous plays the role of a benevolent Providence in the Tempest by Shakespeare?
William Shakespeare was truly the greatest of all writers. Probably competing Shakespeare’s talent would be Milton and Dante, but no one else. He is not only a poet who is remembered for his life and works, but he is the one who is remembered for only the magnanimity and grandeur of his works.
Shakespeare's The Tempest is full of supernatural atmosphere. There is a passage in which he refers to Ovid is Prospero’s renunciation of magic. So, even Shakespeare referred to Ovid’s Metamorphoses to seek some inspiration for his play.
Who was Prosperous?
Prosperous is almost an embodiment of goodness who as Duke of Milton used to be 'rapt in secret studies' being dedicated to the 'betterment of his mind'. He was busy acquiring knowledge and this fault of his cost him his crown. As the play opens, we find him as more than a man who possessed superhuman control. His personality dominates his stage by being a person far beyond human capacity.
Benevolence of Prosperous
The true benevolence is revealed in his magical powers. He has suffered a lot at the hands kf Antonio, Aanso, Sebastian. He is sympathetic towards Miranda who is his daughter. He is very affectionately attached to her, and her happiness is all that he desires. As a wise man, he obeys the voice of reason and forgives all his enemies by forgetting the past. The elevation above petty means is what he has achieved.
This is because of the justice that he does which does not turn into personal revenge at all. We can term him kind and prudent. He definitely thought of revenge, but later he forgot all his foes and just thought of the happiness of his daughter.
- How is The Tempest a Drama of Enchantment?
- Which are the best plays written by Oscar Wilde?
- What made Shakespeare the greatest of all writers?
- What is the significance of dandy in Oscar Wilde's plays?
- Explain the role of the Database Administrator in DBMS?
- What is the role of pageYOffset property?
- What is the role of an ambassador in a foreign country?
- What is the role of the String intern() method in java?
- What is the role of the lexical analyzer in compiler design?
- What is the role of data mining in the retail industry?
- What role data type plays when I insert an empty string into a MySQL column which is declared as NOT NULL?
- The Role of Different Types of Teams in Cyber Security
- What is the role of C++ in Computer Science?