- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How is a prokaryotic cell different from a eukaryotic cell?
The following are the differences between prokaryotes and eukaryotes:
|Prokaryotes are always unicellular||Eukaryotes are unicellular as well as multicellular|
|Cell size ranges from 0.2-2.0 µm in diameter||Cell Size ranges from 10-100 µm in diameter|
|Usually, a cell wall is present which is chemically complex in nature||If a cell wall is present it is chemically simple in nature|
|Double membraneous cell organelles such as the nucleus, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, and single membraneous organelles such as lysomoses and centrosomes are absent||Double membraneous cell organelles such as the nucleus, mitochondria, endoplasmic reticulum, and single membraneous organelles such as lysosomes and centrosomes are present|
|Ribosomes are smaller in size and spherical in shape||Ribosomes are comparatively larger in size and linear in shape|
|DNA arrangement circular||DNA arrangement linear|
|Plasmids are present||Plasmids are very rarely found in eukaryotes|
|Cell division is through binary fission and reproduction is Asexual||Cell division is through mitosis and reproduction is Both asexual and sexual|
|Example: Bacteria and Archaea||Example: Plant and Animal cell|
- Working Principle of Voltaic Cell (Galvanic Cell)
- Find paths from corner cell to middle cell in maze in C++
- How to get a value from the cell of a Pandas DataFrame?
- Java Program to retrieve the value from a cell in a JTable
- How do we display a table cell in HTML
- Cell fusion in Python
- How to retrieve the value from a table cell with TableModel in Java?
- How to annotate each cell of a heatmap in Seaborn?
- How to set a value in a particular JTable cell with Java?
- How to set cell padding in HTML?
- Java Program to enable cell selection in a JTable
- Update the content of a specific cell in MySQL
- How to create a Default Cell Editor with textbox in Java?
- C++ Program to find out the maximum number of moves to reach a unblocked cell to another unblocked cell in a grid
- How can we add/insert a JRadioButton to a JTable cell in Java?