- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How is a compass used to find directions?
A compass is a device that is used to find the direction of a certain place. The needle of a compass always aligns itself in the north-south direction.
How a compass work
In a compass, only a magnetic needle is used that can rotate freely. When we keep a compass at a place, its magnetic needle will align itself in the north-south direction, because the earth also has its own magnetic field. Once the north-south direction is found then it is very easy to find the east-west direction too.
A compass is based on the earth's magnetic property:
Earth also behaves like a giant magnet. Earth's geographic north pole acts as its magnetic south pole and Earth's geographic south pole acts as its north magnetic pole.
The north pole of a compass needle is attracted to the north because the Earth's north pole is the earth's south magnetic pole.
- Changing Directions in Python
- Program to check if number of compass usage to get out of a maze is enough in Python
- What is a Selector and how it is used in CSS?
- How semaphore is used to implement mutual exclusion?
- Program to traverse binary tree using list of directions in Python
- How is Rust programming language used?
- Extend the animation properties in both directions with CSS
- Rotation of stepper motor in forward and reverse directions
- Which MySQL function is used to find first non-NULL value from a list of values?
- How to find if a graph is Bipartite?
- Check if it is possible to return to the starting position after moving in the given directions in C++
- How hashing is used in security encryption?
- Which PHP function is used to create a new database?
- Which PHP function is used to select a MySQL database?
- Which PHP function is used to create a MySQL table?
- How to know which storage engine is used in MongoDB?