How has the Walmart-Flipkart deal been beneficial for the end user?

BusinessEconomicsCompanies/OrganisationsGeneral Topics

It's official now! Yes, finally it has been decided that the biggest retail company in the world Walmart will own the biggest e-commerce company in India, Flipkart. The American firm will have the 77% share in Flipkart in 160 Million dollars. Flipkart's valuation in the deal has been rated 20.8 billion dollars which makes it biggest ever deal in e-commerce. The rest of the 23% holding will be owned by Co-founder Binny Bansal, Tencent Holdings, Tiger Global Management and Microsoft. Executive Chairman Sachin Bansal will sell out his 5.5% share and for that, he will get ₹ 6,700 crores.

Walmart Store

Here are benefits that we get from this deal −

  • There will be more products at low prices.
  • Boost employment in the form of supply chain and direct recruitment.
  • The chances of import will be more for Indians.
  • Local sourcing will benefit farmers.
  • The competition will drive more investment in agriculture and infrastructure.
raja
Published on 29-Nov-2018 17:52:20
Advertisements