- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How does reproduction help in providing stability to populations of species?
Reproduction in living organisms is the vital process of producing offspring that are biologically or genetically similar to the parent organism. It is essential to maintain the continuity of species on earth.
For example: If there are only 20 tigers in the forest and if they do not reproduce, new tigers will not be added to the existing population, and species can become extinct from the forest.
There are two forms of reproduction: sexual and asexual.
(i) Asexual reproduction method
This technique of reproduction does not involve the fusing of gametes and is primarily observed in unicellular and lower organism animals.
(ii) Sexual reproduction method
It is the procedure whereby male and female gametes unite to form a new life. The male reproductive system includes sperm ducts, the penis, and the testes, which are responsible for sperm production. The female reproductive system includes ovaries that generate eggs, oviducts, and the uterus.
The significance of reproduction:
- It maintains equilibrium between the birth and mortality rates.
- In the process of reproduction, new people replace the old.
- The number of species within an environment rises through reproduction.
- The parents transfer their genes to their kids.
- This ultimately results in the evolution of species.
- The consequence of reproductive differences among species and their adaptability to varied environments.
The advantages of sexual reproduction over asexual reproduction are as follows:
- There is greater genetic diversity, allowing species to survive in a community.
- The odds of survival for offspring created by sexual reproduction are greater than those for offspring produced asexually.
- Because of genetic recombination, the offspring possess the qualities of both parents.
- How does Sandalwood Oil help the skin?
- How does Capital Rationing help Capital Budgeting?
- How Does Non-Repudiation Help in Cyber Security?
- Is the concept of resveratrol true? How does it help?
- How does rehabilitation centres help you to overcome drug addiction?
- BIBO Stability of Discrete-Time Systems
- How does a VPN help hide your search history?
- Stability Testing in Software Testing
- How does data mining help in Intrusion detection and prevention system?
- What are the three forms of Stability of Dividend?
- What are the advantages of having Stability of Dividends?
- What are the dangers of having Stability of Dividends?
- How does effective Human resource management help in your company's growth?
- What SWOT analysis and how does it help organizations weigh their resources?
- Signals and Systems: BIBO Stability Criterion
- How to use PowerShell Help commands?