- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- MS Excel
- C Programming
- Social Studies
- Fashion Studies
- Legal Studies
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How do you know if your kids are lying or telling truth?
Kids are said to be very adept at escaping from tricky situations in their own fashion, but not necessarily in a set way or by being truthful. They resort to their own methods to escape reprimand or punishment from elders, be it, parents or teachers.
But how is it possible to ascertain whether a kid is being honest when he speaks up or whether he is lying? This is left to the judicial capacity of the elders involved.
In what situations do kids resort to lying
To avoid doing homework kids resort to some ailment as an escape route. They lie saying that they have a stomach ache or a headache.
When siblings are involved in an argument or fight and are caught by parents in the act they resort to lying. They try to blame the other as the cause for the sort of argument or fight as a way to escape punishment from parents.
When caught in an offensive act like smoking on the sly or cheating in an exam or when they fail to complete task kids try to escape reprimand and choose to lie.
Parents believe their kids and kids take advantage of this bias and tend to escape. But how is it that parents can find out whether their kid is lying or telling the truth. Well, Here are a few tips that could help parents.
It is a difficult task for parents to find out whether our kids are lying or telling truth. This completely depends on the knowledge and capacity of parents and how much they know about their children. But there are few indications given by kids themselves, unknowingly.
Kids tend to speak in a higher pitch when questioned if they are in the wrong. They try to evade or dodge the topic which makes them get caught if they are at fault.
Kids try to fidget or make awkward gestures with their hands if they are being dishonest.
They repeat the question they are posed as if to grasp the horrendous fact and to find time to make up a lie.
Usually, facial expressions like sadness or bent head act as a give away.
When kids change their standing postures or strangely nod their head or awkwardly tend to scratch themselves all these are signs that they are in an awkward situation.
When kids resort to defensive reactions or strange glances it means that they are trying to evade.
When kids avoid eye contact during conversation and blink a lot that means they are guilty.
Inconsistencies in their version of the subject and rambling communication or repetition all are hints to parents that their kid is lying.
The above signs have all been confirmed and found to be true by child psychologists. They are said patterns that most kids have resorted to when observed as subjects of study. Parents ought to nurture the habit among kids of boldly speaking up the truth even under adverse conditions.
- Related Articles
- 5 Things Your Feet Are Telling You About Your Health
- Do You Know Your Body Type?
- Do you know when and how to bathe your newborn?
- How do you know if a fraction is a negative or a positive fraction?
- What are some interesting bedtime stories you would like to tell your kids?
- If you stand in front of a mirror do you see your shadow or image? justify your answer?
- How Do I Know if I Have Herpes or Something Else?
- How do you know when someone really loves you?
- Do You Know What to Do if Someone Cuts Off a Finger?
- How do you determine if harmful microorganisms are produced in bread or fruit?
- How to Know if You Have Bedbugs?
- How do you know when it's time to move on from your current company?
- If you could change something about your home, without worry about expense or mess, what would you do?
- How to know your girlfriend is getting bored with you?
- How do I know if a MySQL table is using myISAM or InnoDB Engine?