- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
How are bullion rates fixed on a daily basis?
Fixing: It is an agreement between participants on the same side of a market to buy or sell precious metals at a fixed price. The other purpose of fixing could be to maintain market conditions in order to let the price stay at a given level.
Bullion: Bullion is gold, silver or any other precious metal in the form of coins or bars. The word bullion comes from Louis XIII, Claude de Bullion.
There are different participants in this process of Bullion fixing.
The lead participant begins the fixing process.
He proposes a price near the current gold spot price.
The other participants then simulate the result of trading at that price. This is done by each bank. The bank looks at its limit orders to determine how many are eligible to trade at that price.
This value when provided is checked against the overall net amount. If the overall net amount is equal to zero, then all transactions succeed and the fix is complete. Otherwise, the chair changes the proposed price and the process repeats until a fix is found.
- Differentiate between fixed interest rates and floating interest rates.
- How to motivate myself to go on a morning walk daily?
- What are the latest interest rates on loans set by SBI and other banks?
- Why are TV serials called daily soaps?
- Why do Effective Interest Rates yield more than Nominal Interest Rates?
- How to set the ticks on a Fixed Position in Matplotlib?
- What are some recipes which can make kids love drinking milk on a regular basis?
- What are Radial Basis Function Networks?
- How do we split a string on a fixed character sequence in java?
- How to setup user access limitation on a timely basis in SAP HANA
- Delete a specific record on the basis of EmployeeId in MySQL
- How to remove document on the basis of _id in MongoDB?