Groovy Programming Fundamentals for Java Developers
Extend and enhance your Java applications with Groovy. Groovy programming is a great way to speed up and modernize your Java applications with better efficiency
Updated on Nov, 2023
Language - English
Duration -2.5 hours
This course is best suited for the beginner- to intermediate-level Java developers who want to accelerate their existing Java coding tasks using Groovy.
Interested developers in other programming languages who want to write programs that can execute on the Java Virtual Machine, without having to use Java will also find this course useful.
What will you learn in this course:
- Install Groovy and create Groovy projects in the IDE
- Explore the Groovy toolset and use the Groovy console to execute Groovy code
- Learn common Groovy operators that form the cornerstone of its powerful syntax
- Use regular expressions and capture groups to parse and extract strings
- Look at Groovy collections and the enhancements delivered by the GDK
- Learn how to iterate and search through collections in Groovy
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- Working knowledge of the Java programming language is assumed as a prerequisite, although the course can be used without this knowledge (but it will make more sense and be easier for a Java developer to understand).
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
Getting Set Up
- Introduction 00:22 00:22
- Creating and Debugging a Grooving Project in IDEA 05:54 05:54
- Installing Groovy on a Mac or Linux System from the sdkman.io Website 07:20 07:20
- Exploring the Groovy Tool Set 06:44 06:44
- Using the Groovy Console to Execute and Examine Groovy Code 07:37 07:37
Collections in Groovy
Groovy Language Features
Founded in 2004 in Birmingham, UK, Packt's mission is to help the world put software to work in new ways, through the delivery of effective learning and information services to IT professionals.
Working towards that vision, we have published over 6,500 books and videos so far, providing IT professionals with the actionable knowledge they need to get the job done - whether that's specific learning on an emerging technology or optimizing key skills in more established tools.
As part of our mission, we have also awarded over $1,000,000 through our Open Source Project Royalty scheme, helping numerous projects become household names along the way.
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Become a valued member of Tutorials Point and enjoy unlimited access to our vast library of top-rated Video CoursesSubscribe now
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now