Google Search Operators: Save Time & Find Information Faster
Discover Google's Basic Search Operators to Create Better Search Engine Queries & Help You Find Information in Less Time
Updated on Sep, 2023
Language - English
Frustrated by the time it takes you to find information online?
We’ll demo over 20 different practical examples to illustrate time-saving techniques and Google's powerful built-in search tools (and that’s just the basics!)
Improving Your Google Search Skills means you'll:
- Save time and reduce frustration by creating more effective search queries
- Learn how to narrow down results and find exactly what you're looking for
- Increase your productivity in work and in life
- Add a new useful skill to your resume
This course will cover all the basics you need to know to save you time in your daily web searches, including:
- Creating effective search queries
- Narrowing down results
- Enabling SafeSearch
- Utilizing 20+ of Google's Search Operators to precisely target desired webpages
- Pinpointing downloadable files in PDF, Excel, Word and other formats relevant to your search query
- And so much more!
This is a practical beginner-intermediate course packed with tips and tricks you can use in your everyday life- all fully updated for Google in 2018 (and this course is always being updated).
My goal is to help save you time. To help you find what you need – faster.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who wants to quickly and easily find information online
- Anyone looking to improve their Google research skills
- Anyone who wants to save time by writing more effective search queries
- Anyone who wants to learn Google's Search Operators
- Anyone who's a blogger or manual link builder
What will you learn in this course:
- You'll Be Able to Save Time by Using Google Search Operators to Quickly Find the Info that you're looking for.
What are the prerequisites for this course?
- You should be able to use a PC at the beginner level and have internet access.
Check out the detailed breakdown of what’s inside the course
- Introduction 01:49 01:49
- 5 Basic Tips to Improve Searches 08:01 08:01
- How to Find Specific Sites 01:34 01:34
- Find Related Sites Method #1 04:16 04:16
- Find Related Sites Method #2 02:38 02:38
- Find Sites with KW in Title 01:51 01:51
- Find Sites with KWs in Text 02:07 02:07
- Find Sites with KWs in Hyperlinks/Anchortext 02:33 02:33
- Find Specific Authors' Material 03:44 03:44
- Find Specific Content Filetypes 03:02 03:02
- .Gov, .Edu, .Org Domain Research 04:15 04:15
- Find Content in Other Countries 05:36 05:36
- View Cached Pages 00:57 00:57
- See Who's Linking to Your Content 02:15 02:15
- When You Don't Remember All the Words 02:59 02:59
- Get More Exact Search Results 01:30 01:30
- Including and Excluding Terms to Narrow Results 04:52 04:52
- Not Sure Which Phrase to Use? 01:26 01:26
- Vocabulary Tips 04:41 04:41
Sasha MillerDigital Marketing Strategist
User your certification to make a career change or to advance in your current career. Salaries are among the highest in the world.
Our students work
with the Best
Related Video CoursesView More
Master prominent technologies at full length and become a valued certified professional.Explore Now