- Trending Categories
- Data Structure
- Operating System
- C Programming
- Selected Reading
- UPSC IAS Exams Notes
- Developer's Best Practices
- Questions and Answers
- Effective Resume Writing
- HR Interview Questions
- Computer Glossary
- Who is Who
Give reasons :
(a) Platinum, gold and silver are used to make jewellery.
(b) Sodium, potassium and lithium are stored under oil.
(c) Aluminium is a highly reactive metal, yet it is used to make utensils for cooking.
(d) Carbonate and sulphide ores are usually converted into oxides during the process of extraction.
(a) Platinum, gold and silver are used to make jewellery because these are malleable and ductile. These are highly resistant to corrosion.
(b) Sodium, potassium and lithium are very reactive and catch fire when exposed to air. This is due to their low ignition temperature and high reactivity.
(c) Aluminium forms a non-reactive layer of aluminium oxide on its surface. This layer prevents aluminium to react with other substances. That’s why aluminium is used to make cooking utensils.
(d) It is easier to reduce a metal oxide into free metal. Since it is easier to obtain metals from their oxides than from their carbonates or sulphides directly, therefore, the carbonate and sulphide ores are first converted to oxides for extracting the metals.
[Extra information: Reactivity series is the series of arrangement in a vertical column in decreasing order of their reactivities.
- Why is gold jewellery more preferred over silver jewellery?
- Why was silver replaced by gold to control the Indian economy?
- Give 5 reasons why should I quit non-veg and be a vegan?
- What is B-tree and explain the reasons for using it (DBMS)?
- Why are the Himalayas highly prone to landslides?
- What are the 5 common reasons behind a breakup?
- What reasons could make your training a flop?
- Check if a + b = c is valid after removing all zeroes from a, b and c in C++
- How to use Almond Oil to reduce dark circles under eye?
- What are different operators and expressions used in C language?
- Which oil is better for cooking, mustard oil or coconut oil?
- What are native methods in Java and where are they used?
- Minimum Flips to Make a OR b Equal to c in C++
- What are the reasons for using EAI?
- What are the differences between Stored procedures and functions?
- What kind of financial procedures and systems are used in a firm?